ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor visa - changing address plans after receiving visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

primeta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Visitor visa - changing address plans after receiving visa

Post by primeta » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Hello, I've just found out that a friend will be visiting the UK next month. She received her 6 month visitor visa about a month ago. On the application she stated that she planned to stay in a dorm room in a London hostel for the duration of her 14 night stay. Not being a fan of hostel dorms, I've offered to let her stay in my spare room, which she gladly accepted. I live near but not in London.

The problem is, when she arrives at Heathrow, I presume immigration will ask her where she plans to stay. If this is different to the plan she stated in her visa application, is she likely to be sent home due to what they may deem as a suspicious inconsistency?

primeta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UK Visitor visa - changing address plans after receiving visa

Post by primeta » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Anyone?

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Re: UK Visitor visa - changing address plans after receiving visa

Post by Kwipeh » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:06 am

primeta wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Hello, I've just found out that a friend will be visiting the UK next month. She received her 6 month visitor visa about a month ago. On the application she stated that she planned to stay in a dorm room in a London hostel for the duration of her 14 night stay. Not being a fan of hostel dorms, I've offered to let her stay in my spare room, which she gladly accepted. I live near but not in London.

The problem is, when she arrives at Heathrow, I presume immigration will ask her where she plans to stay. If this is different to the plan she stated in her visa application, is she likely to be sent home due to what they may deem as a suspicious inconsistency?
I don't think so. It is normal for accommodation plans to go back into flux after a prior arrangement. Things change. She needs to just tell it as it is. If she is questioned about her earlier arrangements, she can simply tell them that plans changed. Nobody is going to penalise you for changing accommodation plans.