ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M Continuous residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tii051
United Kingdom

SET M Financial requirement (Currently on Maternity)

Post by tii051 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi,

I am currently on my maternity and leave and won't be going back to work until January. I plan to make my SET M application in September (FLR M Visa expires 18th October).

I am on 30K, so meet the financial requirement alone. But as I am on my maternity I will be submitting payslips, bank statements for 6 months prior to my maternity starting along with P60 as well as my employer contract and Employer's letter confirming the below (as per Appendix FM-SE specific evidence):

1. (i) the length of the person’s employment;
2. (ii) the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level;
3. (iii) the entitlement to maternity, paternity, parental or adoption leave; and
4. (iv) the date of commencement and the end-date of the maternity, paternity, parental or adoption leave.

My question is should I apply for SET M with the above evidence alone or should I include my partners finances (27K per year) as well? He was paid for his paternity leave so meets the financial requirement over last 6 months.Would including his make my application simpler since I am on my maternity? Or should I mention his salary in the covering letter and say evidence of that can be provided too if needed?

Please advise. Any suggestions will be helpful. (Also note we are both employed by same employers as we were in other FLR M applications)

tii051
United Kingdom

Re: SET M Financial requirement (Currently on Maternity)

Post by tii051 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Any advice please? I don't want to complicate my application so any advice will be appreciated.

alewid
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alewid » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Why don't you apply using your only your partners income?
It's much simpler that way.

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:56 pm

Okay, I can do that. In that case can I ask - if I apply make my application on 22nd September which is 28 days before my visa is due, can I send his payslips until August or do I need to include September as well?

SLST0910
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by SLST0910 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:48 pm

I would use one or the other. I don’t think being on maternity leave would complicate things as the rules are clear and simple.

If the payslip is after 26aug, you’re okay to use up to aug payslip for application on 22 sept. The last payslip, bank statement and employer’s letter should be within 28days of application.

tii051
United Kingdom

Employer not giving Employer's letter for ILR

Post by tii051 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 am

I am applying for my SET M application. My husband's employer says it's their HR policy that they only confirm employment details directly to third party. Don't know what to do. He can try and get it signed by team leader/ Manager. Would that work?

Akorotaeva

Re: Employer not giving Employer's letter for ILR

Post by Akorotaeva » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:00 am

Line manager would be fine.

tii051
United Kingdom

Re: Employer not giving Employer's letter for ILR

Post by tii051 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:36 am

Great, thank you for your prompt response.

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:40 am

Thanks SLST0910

I wanted to apply as myself as I have complete evidence for myself. Getting employer's letter etc. is a little complicated at my husband's work.

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:33 pm

A couple more questions regarding SET M application please-

I have a newborn son who is British since his father is a British Citizen. Do I need to send something to prove his British citizen? His birth certificate and I will already be submitting my Husband's passport? Is there anything more than needs to be submitted?

Also, I have just realised, I qualify for SET (LR) at the same time as SET (M). Am I still better off applying for SET (M)?

I meet all Long residency rules too.

tii051
United Kingdom

British child evidence SET (M)

Post by tii051 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi, Can someone please confirm what I would need to send for my child with my SET M application.

He is British by birth as my husband is a British Citizen. But do I need to register his birth before I make my application or can I just send his birth certificate?

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Anyone please?

Would my husband's passport and my son's birth certificate be enough?

tii051
United Kingdom

British passport for child reqd for SET M?

Post by tii051 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi,

Can someone please confirm what I would need to send for my child with my SET M application.

He is British by birth as my husband is a British Citizen. But I don't have a passport for him.

Would Birth certificate suffice?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: British passport for child reqd for SET M?

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:20 pm

tii051 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:45 pm
Hi,

Can someone please confirm what I would need to send for my child with my SET M application.

He is British by birth as my husband is a British Citizen. But I don't have a passport for him.

your child doesn't need to apply for ILR if he is British. He can apply passport right the way.

But you need to double check how your husband get his british citizenship if your child is NOT born in the UK, it is possible that your child is NOT British if he was born outside the UK and your husband has not lived in the UK long enough.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:52 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:20 pm
tii051 wrote:
Hi,

your child doesn't need to apply for ILR if he is British. He can apply passport right the way.

But you need to double check how your husband get his british citizenship if your child is NOT born in the UK, it is possible that your child is NOT British if he was born outside the UK and your husband has not lived in the UK long enough.
Read the OPs questions again.

You have answered a question that the OP has NOT asked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:53 pm

tii051 wrote:
Hi,

Birth certificate is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Thanks a ton CR001.

cyclina1 - thanks anyway. To clarify, my husband was born in Britain to British parents and my son was born in the UK too.

tii051
United Kingdom

SET M Continuous residence

Post by tii051 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi,

THe SET M form checklist asks for Evidence of continuous residence in the second A section. It appears this is for Parent route as that section also asks for sole responsibility or child and divorce decree. Am I right? Or do I need to submit something even though I am on Partner route? If yes, would last 5 years P60s be good enough?

tii051
United Kingdom

Re: SET M application on Maternity

Post by tii051 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:03 pm

I just wanted to update my post for anyone in a similar situation in future it might help. I received my BRP today.

Only relied on my salary for the application. Being on maternity thankfully did not delay or complicate the application. I did send my last 3 P60s and employment contract as additional evidence.

mizer
Morocco

Re: SET M application on Maternity

Post by mizer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:33 pm

tii051 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:03 pm
I just wanted to update my post for anyone in a similar situation in future it might help. I received my BRP today.

Only relied on my salary for the application. Being on maternity thankfully did not delay or complicate the application. I did send my last 3 P60s and employment contract as additional evidence.
congratulation tii051,could you please share your support documents with us?

mizer
Morocco

Re: SET M Continuous residence

Post by mizer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:57 pm

it appear that you submitted online set(m) application, if you dont mind i have some question about filling the application
I couldn't see anywhere on the application where they ask about
1-marriage Certificate
2-details of my British children
3-declaration signed to confirme consent for Home Office to request verification checks
4-what did you upload on proof of application section(still i didn't see this section of on my required documents check list)?

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:43 pm

tii051 wrote:
Hi,

Could you show me which section on the set(M) application they ask about your child birth certificate,I filled the application completly and still only pay and submit it as soon my wif is eligible for ILR but on the final check list they didnt ask me about:
my British children(They asked only about applying children on this application)
My marriage certificate
declaration signed to confirme consent for Home Office to request verification checks 
Proof of sponsor decree absolute from previous marriage(the question was addressed to applicant only)
Which i found it weird and alarming,Anyone has already submitted his set(M) application can shed some light on my enquiry please,many thanks.

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R-graphite » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 pm

mizer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:43 pm
tii051 wrote:
Hi,

Could you show me which section on the set(M) application they ask about your child birth certificate,I filled the application completly and still only pay and submit it as soon my wif is eligible for ILR but on the final check list they didnt ask me about:
my British children(They asked only about applying children on this application)
My marriage certificate
declaration signed to confirme consent for Home Office to request verification checks 
Proof of sponsor decree absolute from previous marriage(the question was addressed to applicant only)
Which i found it weird and alarming,Anyone has already submitted his set(M) application can shed some light on my enquiry please,many thanks.
Hello what is the proof of sponsor decree absolute? Do they need this? And what is it?
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

tii051
United Kingdom

Re: SET M Continuous residence

Post by tii051 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:55 pm

mizer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:57 pm
it appear that you submitted online set(m) application, if you dont mind i have some question about filling the application
I couldn't see anywhere on the application where they ask about
1-marriage Certificate
2-details of my British children
3-declaration signed to confirme consent for Home Office to request verification checks
4-what did you upload on proof of application section(still i didn't see this section of on my required documents check list)?
Hi

They didn't ask for marriage certificate as I guess it's already established from FLR M but I sent it anyway. I sent birth certificate of my British child as proof of other reasons to stay (his best interest). I only sent declaration from partner. Other declarations part of paper form were not asked. At the end of the application, I have my consent before submitting and that was it. Not sure what proof of application is.

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:00 pm

mizer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:43 pm
tii051 wrote:
Hi,

My marriage certificate
The paper form seem to have asked about details of any children. You are right, Online form doesn't. I sent birth certificate in support of other reasons to stay.

Which part did you find alarming?

I will share my supporting docs soon