ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ROA change of address after submitting the application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ric1982
Member of Standing

ROA change of address after submitting the application

Post by ric1982 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone can help or share if they have had similar issue?

We had submitted out ROA application back in april currently awaiting the result. Recently we have moved the house which means we need to let the UKBA knows about the new address. So we gone to https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/ website and changed the address and got email acknowledgement that they have received the change of address request (its doesnt say that the address is updated).

So after a week I have emailed FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk to confirm if the address is updated? They said it hasnt and asked us to resubmit the same online form. Which I have now done it again.

My fear is that what if its still not update. The guy on FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk have left the note on the system that not to release the passport until the address changes have taken place.

There is a very high possibility that the application could be in a state of limbo for considerable amount of time becouse of stupid UKBA/gov IT system.

Can someone please advise? Please.

Many thanks

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: ROA change of address after submitting the application

Post by ric1982 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:39 am

Anyone please?!!