ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier 2 child who has not been in UK for 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Tier 2 dependant to ILR

Post by me1503 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi I will be applying for ILR via tier 2 general 5 years route next year. Arrived in UK February 2014. My daughter (over 18) came here April 2015, my question is can She apply at the same time with me? Or does the 5 years residence apply for tier 2 child dependant? Thanks

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Tier 2 dependant to ILR

Post by me1503 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:52 pm

On the gov.uk website, the 5 years period is only mentioned for the application made after 2012 for the partner and not for the children. I just want to make sure that my understanding is correct that the 5 years does not apply for children at all? If so please if you can provide me a link to the rules confirming this. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:17 pm

When does the other parent qualify for ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:17 pm
When does the other parent qualify for ILR?
Other parent is in Philippines. I have sole responsibility to my daughter

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi I tried checking immigration rules for family members of pbs dependants but i couldnt see the 5 years continous residence stated for the children and yet in calculating the 5 years residence only the tier 1s can apply even without completing the 5 years. I would appreciate if someone can enlighten me on this or give me advice if you have encountered the same case as mine. I am hoping my daughter could apply the same time as me on February next year so she can be eligible for the university home fee next school year.
Thanks

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

ILR for Tier 2 child who has not been in UK for 5 years

Post by me1503 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi. I will be applying for ILR on the basis of Tier 2 general visa after completing my 5 years in the UK on February 2019. I have a daughter who is over 18 and whom I have and have had sole responsibility for. She arrived in the UK April 2015 on tier 2 child dependant visa.

Based on Immigration Rules 319J
(e) Both of an applicant’s parents must either be lawfully settled in the UK, or being granted indefinite leave to remain at the same time as the applicant, unless:
(i) The Points Based System Migrant is the applicant’s sole surviving parent, or
(ii) The Points Based System Migrant parent has and has had sole responsibility for the applicant’s upbringing, or
(iii) there are serious and compelling family or other considerations which would make it desirable not to refuse the application and suitable arrangements have been made for the applicant’s care, or
(iv) One parent is, at the same time, being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, the other parent is lawfully present in the UK......

I want to know if I understood it correctly, referring to point (ii) that my daughter can apply at the same time as me even if she has not been in the UK for 5 years? Will her ILR eligibility be based on me since im her sole parent here?

Please I really need advice. Thank you

vinny

Re: ILR for Tier 2 child who has not been in UK for 5 years

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:37 pm

That’s correct. Also not having an independent life, KoLL, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:46 pm

Thank you Vinny

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Yes considering she meets all other requirements, just want to make sure that her years of residence here is irrelevant and wont be a reason for a refusal.

Thank you. It is nice to get some clarity here since the rules are sometimes a bit of a whirl.