ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which form, two Adults and 10 years old child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gathor
Newly Registered

Which form, two Adults and 10 years old child

Post by gathor » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:49 am

Hi there.
I would like to apply for citizenship using online service but I am not sure if I can do that. My son will be turning 10 in October, can I still use online form to apply for all of us? Or do I have to use online form for me and wife and paper form T for our son (as he will be 10)?

The reason why I am not sure is the online service states "You can also apply on behalf of a child under 18 if they meet the eligibility criteria." and then provides a link to Guide MN1. It doesn't mention Form T or Guide T.

Anyone can help us with this?
Thank you, Mad.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which form, two Adults and 10 years old child

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:58 am

Form T is a paper form. Was your son born in the UK??

You can use form MN1 if your son holds DCPR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gathor
Newly Registered

Post by gathor » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi
CR001, yes I wondered if we have to use online form and our son has to use paper T form.
Yes, my son was born in the UK and in October it will be 10 years for him in the UK.
Me, my wife and our son have PR status and cards which were issued last year. The letters that were sent with the cards state all three of us have PR from 08/2017.
I would like for us all to apply for citizenship at the same time through the online service (similar to applying for PR, fill in one form for 3 of us online) but with my son being 10 soon this is where the confusion started.

Thank you for your response, much appreciated.
Mad.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Then add your son to your application and use MN1, it is an application under Section 1(3) of the nationality act and an entitlement to register.

He did not need PR either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gathor
Newly Registered

Post by gathor » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Ok thanks. So it is easy as choosing MN1 for him in our online application I understand.
Also we were specifically told he needs his PR in order to apply for citizenship, that is why we did it.

Thanks for help CR001 :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:42 pm

UK born children do not require PR or ILR to register as British. They have an entitlement to register as soon as EITHER parent has PR or ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gathor
Newly Registered

Post by gathor » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Ah, good to know. I'll start filling in the online forms soon, I ask again should I have any more questions.
Thanks for help, Mad