ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after Naturalisation approval

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shankar981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Travel after Naturalisation approval

Post by shankar981 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:19 am

Dear Gurus,

I received my Naturalisation appoval letter (dated 17-Sep) yesterday. I have a couple of business trips planned in Sep & Oct. I'm planning to call the council on Monday and request for the ceremony in November. I hope I can travel with my Indian passport + ILR for both my trips. Can you kindly confirm?

Regards,
S

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travel after Naturalisation approval

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 am

You will only be British after the ceremony, so yes travel with your current passport and BRP.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nagasaki99
Newly Registered

Post by nagasaki99 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:02 am

just a quick question, not directed at the poster specifically, once someone has become British, and received there passport, Is that person at liberty to travel on either there british passport, or the passport from the own country

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:54 am

You can use both passports for travel, however for re-entering the UK you would need proof that you are a British citizen.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.