ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport after naturalisation by residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mansi25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

First passport after naturalisation by residency

Post by Mansi25 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi

I'm applying for my first British passport after naturalisation by residency. I'm using the post office check and send service. However, I want to ensure I have everything in place before I go on Monday. Can you please confirm if the below documents are all I need.

1. All past and current passports
2. Citizenship certificate
3. Photographs (one had been countersigned)
4. Application form

Can I pay the fees plus special delivery charges directly to the post office or do I also include the debit card form on page 26 of the guidance booklet?

The guidance booklet is incorrect as it says anyone applying for the first British passport needs a birth certificate as well on page 16.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First passport after naturalisation by residency

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:14 pm

It is not incorrect. It is the same form and guidance notes for all applicants, those born British and those who apply for citizenship by registration or naturalisation.

You ignore questions not relevant to you.

You do not have to send a birth certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.