ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got approval letter - 21 days over before booking ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Got approval letter - 21 days over before booking ceremony

Post by anirban_paul » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi All,

I applied for naturalisation in July 2018 and came out of the country after that in an emergency. My friend checked my post box today and I have received the approval letter dated back on 28 August 2018 and a letter from counsel to book my ceremony dated 13th September 2018.

As I am still out of the country, I obviously want to schedule by ceremony within 90 days (preferably in November) of 28 August 2018 but now that I am over 21 days will they reject my naturalisation if I contact the counsel on Monday at the earliest? Has anyone got any experience of the similar situation?

Thanks!

cambs68
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Got approval letter - 21 days over before booking ceremony

Post by cambs68 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Get in touch with the council via email or phone. They should be able to rearrange it for you. Should not be a problem

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Got approval letter - 21 days over before booking ceremony

Post by anirban_paul » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:21 pm

cambs68 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:50 pm
Get in touch with the council via email or phone. They should be able to rearrange it for you. Should not be a problem
Thanks.

I called the council this morning and they brought my details on the screen with HO ref no. Confirmed all my details and just told me earliest date for ceremony available is 21st November (which is almost 2 months from now). Only other thing they mentioned is that "you need to book it by 24 November as your 90 days gets over after that and you are already late for booking". I did not raise anything further and just booked it straight away as I was thinking to book in November anyway. They will post me a confirmation letter to my UK address soon.

:lol: :lol: