ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rob911

Tier 1 Process

Post by rob911 » Sat May 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Could someone please explain what the process is for making an In-Country (switch from WP) Tier 1 General Application? Is the passport sent at the time of Application? I understand the process of receiving an approval letter is no longer in place. I've trawled through the BIA website and cannot find a full explanation of what the process is. Please explain :D

boggi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 1 process...

Post by boggi » Sat May 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi rob911,

You need to sent passport along with the application for Tier 1 visa as per the new rules. Before it was 2 phases of getting a visa (getting approval and passport stamping) which are combined to one step.

rob911

Re: Tier 1 process...

Post by rob911 » Sat May 10, 2008 11:00 pm

boggi wrote:Hi rob911,

You need to sent passport along with the application for Tier 1 visa as per the new rules. Before it was 2 phases of getting a visa (getting approval and passport stamping) which are combined to one step.
Thanks boggi. Is anyone familiar with how long it takes. Also I just wanted to find out how it would work if you are on salary A (eg 20,000 per year) for 2 months and then salary B (eg. 25,000) for 10 months. Would this fall into the 23,000-25,000 band for past earnings (all earned in the UK). Also would it make a difference if sent a few days before birthday (after which lose 10 points).

Hope that makes sense :D