ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of English knowledge for Set O

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seth22
Newly Registered
India

Absence from the UK issue

Post by seth22 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:05 am

Hello,

I have booked ILR premium appointment on 5th Oct 2018, via Tier 2 General 5 yr route.

I have an issue with the absence from the UK for my business trips to Dublin.

I worked with Employer X from Nov 2013 to Jul 2017. During the first 5 months I had 5 business trips to Dublin (one was 3 weeks, two trips were about 2 weeks). Since this is CTA travel, I only have Irish entry stamps on my passport and no entry stamp in UK while return. I do not have records for the flight tickets and now unable to calculate the exact date i returned.
My old employer are ready to give me a absence letter but they have asked me for the entry/exit dates as they do not have it either.

I requested a SAR from UKVI and it didn't give any details of my entry /exit for Dublin trips and neither any info on landing cards for trips from india.

In this case, Can I just roughly give a date as my return (for trips to Dublin) ?
even as SAR did not return any travel dates , would home office be able to find the actual travel dates by anyother means ?

Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absence from the UK issue

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:48 am

You do not need to prove your absences from the UK. UKVI can figure out these from information collected from exit checks
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seth22
Newly Registered
India

Post by seth22 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:21 am

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my query.

I understand i do not need to prove my absence, what my problem is i do not know what return dates to mention ? As i do not have records of it and no entry stamps in uk as i travalled from dublin.

Also these are for entry to the UK within CTA, not exit checks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:49 am

Enter the information with the best of your knowledge.
Exit/Entry data has been collected since 2004 according to the exit checks fact sheet: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... fact-sheet.
Also as CTA travel privileges do not apply to non-CTA citizens, your travel data might have been collected.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seth22
Newly Registered
India

pay during absence in uk

Post by seth22 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Hi,
Advice needed for my ILR through tier 2 general route.
I am applying for my ILR at croydon PEO on 5th October.

from 01 Dec 2015 until 14 Feb 2016, I was working in my employer's office in bangalore as we had to work with offshore team for some implementation. I was paid in UK bank account as usual during this stay.
I have also got an absence letter from employer for this.

1. Do case workers ask for proof of pay for these kind of business stay outside UK ?
2. If so will P60 for that year be enough to prove I was paid with no gaps ?

Thanks.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: pay during absence in uk

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:21 pm

seth22 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:37 pm
Hi,
Advice needed for my ILR through tier 2 general route.
I am applying for my ILR at croydon PEO on 5th October.

from 01 Dec 2015 until 14 Feb 2016, I was working in my employer's office in bangalore as we had to work with offshore team for some implementation. I was paid in UK bank account as usual during this stay.
I have also got an absence letter from employer for this.

1. Do case workers ask for proof of pay for these kind of business stay outside UK ? No they won't. As you pay monthly not job by job?
2. If so will P60 for that year be enough to prove I was paid with no gaps ? You just need the latest payslip but not p60 2 years ago for application.

Thanks.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

seth22
Newly Registered
India

Post by seth22 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:39 pm

ok thank you.
I meant since I have absence for business related work outside the UK, would case worker want to verify if it was paid for and not an unpaid annual leave.
Like you said I will not bother abt this much and just submit latest payslips and latest bank statements, thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

seth22 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:39 pm
ok thank you.
I meant since I have absence for business related work outside the UK, would case worker want to verify if it was paid for and not an unpaid annual leave.
Like you said I will not bother abt this much and just submit latest payslips and latest bank statements, thanks
HO will access to your tax record and can see that you were paid in £ and taxed for the months you worked abroad. Don't overthink the issue. Just get a letter confirming the absence and that it was a business trip
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

seth22
Newly Registered
India

Proof of English knowledge for Set O

Post by seth22 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my ilr next week through Tier 2 General route.

I have a bachelors degree from an indian university.

I got my Naric certificate (1. English Language Proficiency statement and 2. Academic qualification level statement) issued, for which I provided a scanned cop of original for Medium of instruction letter from university.

So for ILR set o application, will just the Naric ceritificates for
1. English Language Proficiency statement
2. Academic qualification level statement
be sufficient ??
I assume I do not need to submit Medium of instruction letter and Indian Bachelor's degree again, correct ??

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of English knowledge for Set O

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.