ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence as a child aged 21 or over - Proof of dependency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbiehere2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Permanent Residence as a child aged 21 or over - Proof of dependency

Post by newbiehere2018 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a child aged 21 of an EEA national (my parent) who has obtained a document certifying Permanent Residence. I have been issued with a residence card in the form of a sticker in my passport 5 years ago and have lived in the UK for 5 years now. I am currently applying for a Permanent Residence Card but have difficulty proving my dependency between me and my EEA sponsor (my parent).

The dependency to my EEA sponsor since I entered the UK is as follows:
We have always lived and are still living in the same household and my EEA sponsor was and is still paying the rent, council tax, some utility bills etc. I have managed to find the tenancy agreements for the properties that we rented in the last 3 years with my name being listed on them, however I am unable to find the tenancy agreement for the two rooms that we rented in the first 2 years (Note that my EEA sponsor was not paying any council or utility bills at that time as these were all included in the cost of the rent which was paid in cash).

My EEA sponsor was also receiving child benefit for me until I turned 20, and was and is still supporting me financially and emotionally. Since I came to the UK, I was always in full-time education (currently not in full-time education) and my EEA sponsor was taking me to/from school most of the time. My EEA sponsor was and is still providing me with food, and money in cash for the use of shopping, going out with friends and all other life maintenance needs. The problem is that my EEA sponsor never transferred any money to my bank account during these 5 years because we did not know that we have to do this :@ . This means that we do not have any receipts to show bank transfers, so I am worried about my situation. This is because I only have tenancy agreements for the last three years and have no way of proving that my EEA sponsor was giving me money.

Do you guys think that they will accept a cover letter signed by my EEA sponsor which states that my EEA sponsor was supporting me financially and emotionally throughout the 5 years, and that this is shown on my sponsors' bank statement which lists regular cash withdrawals, payments to supermarkets, direct debits for utility bills, and bank transfers to the landlords for the rent during the last three years?

Any other advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

newbiehere2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Permanent Residence as a child aged 21 or over - Proof of dependency

Post by newbiehere2018 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:30 pm

Also, considering that I turned 21 in February this year, do I need to provide proof of financial dependency for all the 5 years or just for the period between February and now?

Thanks

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Permanent Residence as a child aged 21 or over - Proof of dependency

Post by obormot » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:10 pm

In my opinion, you do not need to show dependency before the date you turned 21.
After that you need to show either financial dependency or that you were mamber of their household.
You do not need to show it “till now”, just for 5 years. It seems at least your parent was here for more then 5 years, as they already have PR. If you two lived in UK, with parent exercising treaty rights, from, say, January 2013, then you pick period 01.2013 to 01.2018, and you do not need to show dependancy at all.