ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babyflo
Newly Registered

Worried

Post by babyflo » Sun May 11, 2008 10:26 am

hi everyone. a friend of mine who is a senior carer read an article about the status of senior carer here in UK. Sorry I don't know how to do it thru link but she said she read it in an immigrationmatters website whose a recruitment agency i believe. Said that:

"Meanwhile, thousands are holding their breath awaiting a decision on the fate of Work Permit holding Senior Carers, who could find themselves being dumped into Tier 3, for low skilled workers, and thus ineligible for visa renewal and possibly even indefinite leave in the future.

Senior Carers, currently allowed to switch employers under a transitional arrangement set to run until the introduction of Tier 2, are also bracing themselves for bad news. Work Permits for Senior Carers are unlikely to be renewed under PBS, leaving thousands of essential care workers facing the threat of removal"

Since she is going to renew her work permit visa in Apr 2009 and at the same time applying for her ILR on June 2009 she is really worried on this article. Can anyone actually confirm this information?
she would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the matter. Thanks so much