ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalization after or During March 2019 Holding PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chinguiris
BANNED
Columbia

Applying for naturalization after or During March 2019 Holding PR

Post by chinguiris » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:36 pm

Hello everyone

As we all know aparently from March 2019 Brexit will occur and there is no way back, however it seems like there is gonna be a grace period between March 2019 and December 2020,within this time all EEA nationals living in the uk and their family members will need to apply for either a document confirming their status (pre-settled or settled).
My question is:
if I already Hold PR(permanent residence), and my 12 months of being under this -Not time restriction period- that is mandatory in order to apply for naturalisation, if those 12 months end lets say either at the beggining of march 2019 right before brexit takes place or during the preceding months, WILL I be able to use it in order to apply for naturalisation? ?
thanks for your help :wink: