ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for review decision, Help Pls

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aaslam
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Waiting for review decision, Help Pls

Post by aaslam » Sun May 11, 2008 9:42 pm

I applied for hsmp last year in november 2007. On 25th Feb 2008 i got refusal letter stating that my employment verification couldn't be done using standard procedure in Pakistan.

They gave me points as follow:

Education 30 Points (Expected 30)
Experience 0 Points (Expected 45)
English level accepted as 4 years BSc done from a university where medium of instruction is english.

In Dec 2007 Integrascreen in india tried to call my employer in Pakistan on behlaf of british high commission but the phone was not answered due to their office timings. As it is a callcenter and they do their operations at night time. Then they sent e-mail for verification to my employer. My employer HR Dept replied same night with all the details required.

But unfortunately after two months of that verification on 25th feburary 2008 they refused my application stating that employer verification couldn't be done under standard procedure.

I sent e-mail to my employer stating that why they didn't verify my documents. Then they replied me that they did verification and they also provide that integrascreen e-mail to me as a reference.

I applied review for my application on 11th March and have provided the copy of that e-mail as a reference. I have explained in my covering letter that employer timings are according to US and Canada time zone. I have told them that they can try to contact them once again through Phone, Fax or E-mail. Which they havn't done till today.

I will appreciate if some senior member can comment on my situation. If anyone who has gone through the similar situation can give me their point of view + if somebody can tell me how long normally review application take for decision.

vibhuvibhu
Newly Registered

Post by vibhuvibhu » Fri May 23, 2008 9:06 am

Hi,

Did u apply for review by filling up the Review form ?? or was is a plain email sent to them?

well My EC got refused on 12th May and I applied for Review by filling up teh Review form on 18Th MAY.

You can simply call up the british High Commission visa helpline (+91-11-24100022) and ask them for teh status for your review. i did that and they told me that my review in under process and also gave me a tentavite date for decision.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:44 pm

HSMP review is different from an EC review. Don't mix the two. :?
vibhuvibhu wrote:Hi,

Did u apply for review by filling up the Review form ?? or was is a plain email sent to them?

well My EC got refused on 12th May and I applied for Review by filling up teh Review form on 18Th MAY.

You can simply call up the british High Commission visa helpline (+91-11-24100022) and ask them for teh status for your review. i did that and they told me that my review in under process and also gave me a tentavite date for decision.
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.