ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temp Visa options for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fahadii123
United Kingdom

Temp Visa options for spouse

Post by fahadii123 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi guys, other than the spouse visa entry, can my to-be-wife come visit the UK for a couple of months on my invitation/visitor visa or any other category allowed by UKVI? Sometime in January/February

I also heard about some temporary spouse visa? But couldn’t find anything on that..

We will be getting married in December and will be filing an application for her spouse entry route in April 2019 as I have to wait until then for my payslips.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Temp Visa options for spouse

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:32 pm

There is no such visa as a "temporary spouse visa".

A visitor visa might fail as she would have to prove strong ties to home country which is often difficult with a husband in the UK. HO view this as trying to circumvent the spouse visa route and often doubt the visiting spouse will leave.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Temp Visa options for spouse

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:43 pm

An application for a visit visa will almost certainly be refused. Why dont you go visit the spouse instead?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease