ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage visa application - nervous!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gas_panic
Newly Registered

Marriage visa application - nervous!

Post by gas_panic » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:20 am

The story is that my fianceé and i are currently living here in scotland (she's a student from the US and is staying on her BUNAC blue card atm). I am also a student, and we plan to marry in January next year (not long now! Smiley) Her blue card expires in February, and so she's off back to the states to apply for her spouse visa before returning asap afterwards. We're both a bit nervous, and are trying to be as methodical as possible about the application, but some opinions would help us no end!

Here's what we're sending in with the application:

My pay stubs from the past 6 months (I earn £7000pa working part time as a security officer at an airport)

A letter from my university confirming my student status (I'm postgraduate, doing my MSc, I already have a BSc)

A letter from my work stating my annual salary and length of time with the company and that the position is permanent.

My bank statements and her bank statements from the past six months (we have around £2000 saved in a joint account, and I have a £1500 overdraft (not in use thankfully!) and she has $1000)

Marriage certificate

Letter of support from me

Letters of sponsorship from both my parents stating they are happy for us to stay with them temporarily and provide financial support if needed - they earn around £70k between them (we are planning on living with them until september when i graduate, and they are both happy with that as she has lived here for 6 months on her BUNAC card and they love her...)

Title deeds to my parents house (4 double bedrooms etc, it's a fair size and plenty of room).

Letter of recommendation from her previous employer here in the UK (from when she worked on her blue card)

2 passport photos of her

her CV

Both our passports

Both our birth certificates

two plane ticket stubs from when we travelled here together in august to start her BUNAC exchange.

Is there anything else we should send? :S e.g. my parents pay slips and my university degree? Is it likely there will be any problem with the numbers i've mentioned here? Any help is greatly greatly appreciated, my worst fear is that they wont let her back in or something awful :/ I've heard about sending photos of us together in with the application, should we do that?

argh, the questions :S with this looming im getting ever more nervous! thanks so much for any help guys :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:27 am

Hi, pause a minute! Your fiancee (then wife) is going back to the States to apply for her spouse visa? How long was her student visa issued for? If greater than six months then she is fully entitled to make the application in the UK and so cut out that travel.

If for six months or less then, yes, she will need to trvel back to the States and apply there.

Wherever the application for spouse visa is made .... on the facts you outline I don't expect a problem. You are quite understandably nervous .... we certainly were back in 2001 when my wife applied for her spouse visa .... but all worked out fine and now she is a British Citizen.