ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply eea family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hamid_A
Newly Registered
Portugal

Apply eea family permit

Post by hamid_A » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:34 am

Hi All,
I am a Portuguese citizen. I got a 2 year job offer from UK start by Nov 2018, my wife has permanent residence card (valid until 2028) and he is not EU citizen
based on my research, there is possibility to travel with each other to UK if we apply for EEA family permit

my main questions are :
1) usually, how long takes to get the final answer from UK embassy ?
2) is this way a fastest way or should I start my job over there (i.e., UK) and then apply for Visa join family ?

Regards,
Hamid

sebasb21
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Re: Apply eea family permit

Post by sebasb21 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:23 pm

You can apply for a Family Permit from outside the UK, if you are married and you can prove that you are and live together i think the application is hopefully straightforward. In my case it took something like 45 days from the day I submitted the docs and got my passport back with the UK entry clearence vignette and we are not married.

Either option you mentioned are viable, but for people that are relocating together there is fewer Qualifications in terms of financial requirements and that kind of stuff. I think that if you stay alone in the UK for more than three months, then if you apply for family permit they will ask of you to present financial information proving that you can maintain yourself and your partner. If you are travelling together and moving together they don't ask you that. You should visit the HO website it has a lot of information and very clear documents explaining all this stuff.

Good Luck.