ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Visa Centre Appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shabz5629
Newly Registered
India

Premium Visa Centre Appointment

Post by shabz5629 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi All,

I am really hoping somebody can help with me below query.

I am in the process of extending my FLR(M) visa which is due to expire on the 05/11/2018. I am travelling to India on the 20/11/2018 so the only option I have is using the premium visa centre route and getting my visa on the day.

I am doing the application using the online process. However, when I get to the end of the process and try to book an appointment for a premium centre, it comes up "We do not have any appointments in the next 45 business days at your selected location." I have tried this for every centre.

Every now and then it does pop up with certain available dates but they are all post 12/11/2018.

I had two questions

1) Can I book an appointment for 12th November would that still be classed as attending an appointment after my visa has expired ? Or does it work differently with online application i.e. once an appointment is booked the visa process has started ?

2) Should I call a lawyer and see if they can help ? I wasn't sure if certain lawyers have certain quota of appointments available to them and not to the general public ?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Shabz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium Visa Centre Appointment

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:09 pm

. 2) Should I call a lawyer and see if they can help ? I wasn't sure if certain lawyers have certain quota of appointments available to them and not to the general public ?
They don't have quotas. This was changed a number of years ago due to "lawyers" selling slots for extortionate amounts and block booking as many slots as they could.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Just keep trying as slots become available randomly. Try early morning or midnight.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

shabz5629
Newly Registered
India

Post by shabz5629 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Thank you, both for the response. Really appreciate it. Would either of you have any idea regarding my first question ?

"1) Can I book an appointment for 12th November would that still be classed as attending an appointment after my visa has expired ? Or does it work differently with online application i.e. once an appointment is booked the visa process has started ?"

Thanks
Shabz.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:37 pm

If your applying in person it counts as the date you attend the premium centre so be careful.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Ljm1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:07 pm

shabz5629 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:26 pm
Thank you, both for the response. Really appreciate it. Would either of you have any idea regarding my first question ?

"1) Can I book an appointment for 12th November would that still be classed as attending an appointment after my visa has expired ? Or does it work differently with online application i.e. once an appointment is booked the visa process has started ?"

Thanks
Shabz.
Go on just after midnight, I got mine really easily doing that. Good luck!

Laurrraaa
Newly Registered
China

Post by Laurrraaa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:43 am

Hi,

I’m at the exact same state of trying to get a premium service appointment - have been trying for a few midnight but still getting zero anywhere in the UK.

Did you manage to book anything?

Thanks.