ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of online application vs. Date of appointment at PSC

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snoon
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Date of online application vs. Date of appointment at PSC

Post by snoon » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi All,

I've been reading posts about what is considered to be your date of application - date you submit your online application (ILR using SET-M in my case) or the date you have your premium processing appointment. The rules (34G) are clear that its the date you submit your online application.

However, some people who have submitted the online application more than 28 days before their leave to remain expires but have booked an appointment within the 28 day time frame have reported not to have had any issues. It seems that this is at the discretion of the caseworker who reviews your application. I just called the UKVI helpline and he also confirmed that it is the date you submit your online application (not the date of the premium processing appointment). But he said my application might be okay at the caseworkers discretion.

Obviously, this is stressful because I will not know if this will be an issue till I go in person (on the 5th of October). But I wanted to post here incase anyone else has similar queries or would like to share their own experience of what happened.

Snoon

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Date of online application vs. Date of appointment at PSC

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:04 pm

For ILR in person it is the date of your appointment that is the application date, as many people have already reported after successful applications in person.

Immigration rule 34G refers to visa extensions within the UK for leave to remain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

snoon
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by snoon » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:34 pm

ILR and FLR both come under "leave to remain". There is no separate guidance for ILR. You are right that people have reported a successful application despite submitting the online application before the 28 day period begins - it appears that is at the discretion of the caseworker.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:37 pm

snoon wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:34 pm
ILR and FLR both come under "leave to remain". There is no separate guidance for ILR. You are right that people have reported a successful application despite submitting the online application before the 28 day period begins - it appears that is at the discretion of the caseworker.
There is a separate tab for ILR further down the immigration rules page.

It is in person for ILR. Those who have applied online 45 days in advance of their in person appointment would not have had success as they would not have qualified for ILR at the date of online submission.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

snoon
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by snoon » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:45 pm

I hope you are right!

rr17kky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rr17kky » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:15 pm

I also have the same query.
it is so confusing . though comments on this forum are positive .
HO says for TIER 2 you Only can apply online application,now on online application you cant book the appointment unless you pay and submit the application.
my 28 days window starts form 23/10/18 but i submitted the application on 22/10/18 as i was able to get a PSC appointment for 2/11/18 which falls under 28 days window.
fingers crossed i hope every thing goes well.
MODERATORS please i will appreciate if you give your comments on my query too.
thanks in advance.
Jagjit.

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by psmurali89 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi

Am in same situation. I called the UKVI helpline number, the guy that i spoke to first said the application date is the date when i attend my PSC appointment. But i called again and spoke to a lady and she said its the date that i submitted my online application but i can explain this to case worker and its their discretion.
Its really confusing.

Have you got your ILR?

hdave01
United Kingdom

Post by hdave01 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi All, I'm in similar situation. My details are mentioned below. Can anyone please tell me if a cover letter to explain this situation helped them?

I entered the UK first on 21st Feb 2014.
I have submitted the online Set (O) form under the new service on 22nd December, 2018.
I have booked super-priority appointment with Croydon centre for 28th January, 2019.

I called UK home office and the person told me that the date they will consider is the date on which I submitted my online set (O) form which is 22nd December. When I asked what my options are, he simply said that I can write to home office on their publicenquiries email ID and try to explain this in a cover letter on the day of my appointment. None of this helps at all.

What I don't understand is that when they were building the online system why didn't they add a simple check that stops you from submitting the application if you're not within your eligibility period? The set (O) form does ask you to enter the date on which you first entered the UK. Surely it is not that complicated to do a simple check of the first entry date and today's date to work-out whether a person is eligible or not? Really frustrating!!

Can anyone in similar situation and/or with more clear information please shed some light on this?

Many Thanks

daisy8738
Newly Registered

Post by daisy8738 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:21 pm

So did you solve the problem in the end? have you got your application approved?