ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 Dependent Visa outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

TIER 2 Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by Wifes1lver » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi. I wonder if anyone can enlighten me. My husband has applied as my PBS dependent Tier 2 today. He is outside UK. He has completed all requirements however for some reason the supporting documents for a subsisting relationship such as pictures , call logs, and conversations were not taken by the person in VFS. He asked thrice if he needed to submit more documents but they said it was ok. I’m quite unsure now if the visa will be approved with just a marriage certificate as an evidence. We just got married 9 months ago. Has anyone here got their visa approved even if the only evidence they showed was a marriage certificate? I feel very sad about this.

I’m not sure if the decision varies from different countries. We’re not from India cos most of the cases I have read here mostly are experiences of Indians.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: TIER 2 Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:35 am

Did you also provided both bank statement/ tenancy agreement/ utilities bills etc, should that you and your partner were in the same address?

Or only the marriage certificate?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 am

By the way, VFS officer has NO RIGHT to reject documents submitted by the applicant. If your application failed you should file them a complaint.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Wifes1lver » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Just the marriage certificate. He’s abroad and I’m here in the UK. All my supporting documents were taken including my tenancy aggreement except the photos and convos. Although, the documents listed in the application form was just indicating a marriage certificate, I was thinking it might have been helpful to show those things too. I submitted a letter of intent of starting a family because we were in a long distance relationship and just recently got married.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 am
By the way, VFS officer has NO RIGHT to reject documents submitted by the applicant. If your application failed you should file them a complaint.
Agree.

They may expect evidence of a subsisting marriage, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:00 pm

so sorry to hear that. maybe a bad news for you but I was exactly the same situation as my partner as my dependent, 7 years ago, was rejected because we just got married for half year thus our documents are in different addresses, rejected on the basis the relationship is genuine was not sufficient.

I needed to submit all photos call logs even the passport copies of my witness of marriage....

Good luck, but not much hope, based on what you told

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Wifes1lver » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:23 pm

So did you reapply? Maybe it was because we just based it on what requirements was asked fromthe application online.

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: TIER 2 Dependent Visa outside UK- approved

Post by Wifes1lver » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi. Just an update, my husband's visa has been approved. As what I have said before, we only provided a marriage certificate and an invitation letter on top of the documents they asked from us. It's pretty quick as well. He applied on 8th of October and got the decision on 19th of October. But even if it was approved fortunately, I will still recommend future applicants to send as many documents as you can to prove a genuine and subsisting relationship to save you from anxiety like what I have suffered from while waiting!