ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa travelling restriction

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hixad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

spouse visa travelling restriction

Post by hixad » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:12 am

My wife's spouse visa expires in April 2019 and we are looking to travel to Thailand in December 2018.

I am being told you need to have a minimum 6 months visa but I was under the impression it only applies to the passport. Can someone clear my doubt? Can we still travel and apply for ILR once we return to the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa travelling restriction

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:14 am

I am being told you need to have a minimum 6 months visa but I was under the impression it only applies to the passport. Can someone clear my doubt? Can we still travel and apply for ILR once we return to the UK?
Who told you you need 6 months minimum visa??

HO does not have any such requirement to travel. You are free to leave and re-enter the UK even on the last day the visa is valid for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hixad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: spouse visa travelling restriction

Post by hixad » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am

Yes, that's what I thought too. Maybe they were confused. Thank you for clearing my doubt.