ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Detention Centre

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nast
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Detention Centre

Post by Nast » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Just wanted to ask is there any other options in my situation

My partner got detained more than 2 weeks ago. As he didn’t have legal status here. We applied bail and EEA application as I’m EU citizen and we have together 2 years. There was a hearing. Bail got refused as HOme Ofiice said our application will be considered whithin 3 working days and judge refused our bail because of that. 3 working days expired a week ago. My partner after hearing was moved to another detention centre in England side.
After Hearing I wrote letter to HO asking to release my partner as we have pending application. Contacted MP asking them same thing. If we have pending EEA application which will take more than few months HO should release my partner. MP waiting for HO response it will take ages.
I just still keep writing complain letters to HO.
Is there any other options to put pressure on HO and to get partner released?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Detention Centre

Post by THO » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:57 pm

If he is illegal in this country, he should go back to his own and re-apply when the two of you are married. It makes me cross people expect to be able to stay illegally, just becaus they have managed to evade capture for 2 years.