ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer has exhausted assigned allocation for 2018

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashok1912
Newly Registered
India

Employer has exhausted assigned allocation for 2018

Post by Ashok1912 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi All,

I would highly appreciate if anyone can advise me on a query which is putting me in a condition in which I cannot do much rather than to wait.
I am presently on a restricted Tier-2 General work permit & my VISA is expiring on Feb 2019. My sponsor is a A-Rated Sponsor and a good reputed branded company in the UK. I requested my company for CoS so that I can apply for Tier -2 visa extension.
My HR has responded to me as follows:-
'Thank you very much for your email regarding the request for a new Certificate of Sponsorship.
As we have exhausted our assigned allocation for 2018, I have requested an additional Certificate of Sponsorship from UK Visa’s and Immigration this morning.
As we have no control on how quickly this request will be processed, I will monitor the request and contact at the earliest opportunity to update (as I’m aware of your timelines)'.

So, my major concern is as my HR has stated that they have no control on how quickly their request can be processed, am I risking myself to be in a position of indefinite wait. Can any one advise how long is the waiting period before I can expect my new CoS?
I was planning to apply for my Tier-2 Visa extension by mid of next month. Is is highly unlikely that, I get the CoS as per my plan?

Regards,