ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help about my employment rights

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sinuganti
Newly Registered
India

Need help about my employment rights

Post by sinuganti » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 am

Hello All,

I have been on ILR since 2011 but the ILR stamp is on my expired passport. I have been using both the passports to travel in and out of the country since 2012(my new passport) without any issues and even changed jobs 4 times(being an IT contractor)

I am in this current contract since 2017 and the HR never raised questions about my ILR being on my old passport. Now, at the time of my contract extension, suddenly HR realized this(and I am not aware of the 'no right to work if ILR not on current passport rule' until now) and asked me the same. I have immediately applied for BRP NTL. I got the confirmation email from HO the very next day with the case ID

I am nervous now, whether I am allowed to work in the meantime or would I be terminated pending the BRP?

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Srini

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help about my employment rights

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:53 am

Your rights to work can be checked by your employer online. Your status doesn't change, you simply need a BRP card now.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sinuganti
Newly Registered
India

Post by sinuganti » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:55 am

Thank you CR001. Does that mean I can continue to work and if challenged I can pass my Case id?

Srini

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:59 am

You can work. The requirement to replace ILR vignettes to BRPs changed a couple of years ago by the way.

You should ask your employer to do the check though and HO will confirm. It is free. They need your case ID to check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sinuganti
Newly Registered
India

Post by sinuganti » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:02 am

Fantastic. Thank you very much for your help CR001. This forum is ever so helpful as always been