ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarity on qualifying period for dependent (wife)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bikerguy
Newly Registered
India

Clarity on qualifying period for dependent (wife)

Post by bikerguy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi folks!

I am sure this has been asked before, but I have been getting some mixed feedback. Some could be unreliable, so I wanted to post it here since there are a lot of experts here!

I am eligible for ILR. This question is for my dependent (my wife) - she was issued her UK visa in Oct 2013, but she entered the country only in Dec 2013. From what I understand in the official rules, she is eligible to apply for ILR with me now and doesn't have to wait until Dec to apply. Am I right?

If someone has a handy link that exactly addresses this, please feel free to guide me. And, apologies for repeating the question in that case.

Thanks,
Avinash