ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tyra
Newly Registered

Help needed

Post by tyra » Wed May 14, 2008 10:44 am

hie guys
i hope someone can enlighted me.
i applied for assylum and still awaiting for the outcome
coz it has been too long i want to apply for a work permit to another country without going to my home country is it possible for the HO to give passport back in such a case
thank yu
Regards

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed May 14, 2008 4:54 pm

It is not likely that your passport would be returned to you unless you were actually leaving the country, when the Immigration Office at the airport would hand it back to you after you had checked in.
If they returned it to you and you were unsuccessful in applying to go to a third country (ie not UK or your own), the problem from the HO's point of view is that you might have lost or disposed of it if/when the time came for you to be removed, and that could make removal more difficult.

martha

Post by martha » Wed May 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Yes, I also understand you need to make your travel arrangements, tell the HO the date you are leaving, then the passport is at the airport.