ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Depend.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Tier 2 ICT Depend.

Post by fielddrive » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:38 pm

Probably been discussed to death already so apologies to bore you good folk again.

I know that a T2 ICT dep. does not have to stay 12 months outside before returning, but can they switch within the UK to T2 General?

What happens to their T2 ICT primary beneficiary, do they need to advise their employer of their dependant's change of status and does that have any bearing on their own status?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Depend.

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:04 am

I know that a T2 ICT dep. does not have to stay 12 months outside before returning, but can they switch within the UK to T2 General?
No, apply from home country with restricted Cos and all requirements met.
What happens to their T2 ICT primary beneficiary, do they need to advise their employer of their dependant's change of status and does that have any bearing on their own status?
No and no. ICT dependent is dependent on the main ICT visa holder holder not the sponsoring employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:09 am

Thanks, I was thinking along the lines of if the T2 ICT main applicant is obliged to change status to T2 General Dep. but I guess apart from ILR, this should not have any bearing on the visa status.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:10 am

Tier 2 ICT main applicant is free to change to Tier 2 Dependent and would then have to inform his sponsor of their new dependent visa status.

Tier 2 ICT does not lead to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:12 am

That was my understanding. Thanks for confirming!