ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Losing ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceman010899

Losing ILR

Post by iceman010899 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi

Is it possible to loose ILR ? How often does it happen due to staying out of UK for more than 2 years, deception, etc ?

Thanks.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed May 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Yes it is possible to lose ILR. No longer living in the U.K. is one way.
Obtaining it fraudulently is another.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 14, 2008 11:11 pm

It is a bit like the song 50 ways to lose a lover:

Deception - the Albanian "Kosvans" who claimed asylum that were granted are being uncovered. They are hve ILR revoked. Fake marriages are a main stay of ILR loss. There are endless deceptions....

Serious Criminal activity - ILR revoked before deport. ILR revoked even if not deported (rare)

Abandoned - leaving the country too long - also linked with individuals being imprisoned while overseas with ILR.

Numbers - who knows - If your are keen to know FOI the Home Office. Good chance they don't even know :oops:

akhil_1
Newly Registered

Post by akhil_1 » Thu May 15, 2008 4:21 pm

Interesting topic
We have got ILR in January this year with my wife and currently in the process of the divorce. I am afraid that HO will suspect that our marriage has been fake:( would be useful to know whether they get suspicious if they see that we have started divorce proceedings after getting our ILR - and how to prove that it is rather coincidence. Any experience shared here would be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance.

martha

Post by martha » Thu May 15, 2008 6:54 pm

How would the HO know you are getting a divorce? Unless your spouse visa sponsor decides to tell them, and says you got ILR fraudulently.
HO deal with immigration, not marital issues :)

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu May 15, 2008 7:15 pm

martha wrote:How would the HO know you are getting a divorce? Unless your spouse visa sponsor decides to tell them, and says you got ILR fraudulently.
This issue may come up when the OP applies for naturalisation.

martha

Post by martha » Thu May 15, 2008 7:35 pm

paulp wrote:
martha wrote:How would the HO know you are getting a divorce? Unless your spouse visa sponsor decides to tell them, and says you got ILR fraudulently.
This issue may come up when the OP applies for naturalisation.
Hmm, good point. Hadn't thought of that, Thanks :)

akhil_1
Newly Registered

Post by akhil_1 » Thu May 15, 2008 8:46 pm

that`s right - this is a part of the application form for Naturalisation where one needs to state reason for the divorce. in my case it was an adultery. i have spoken to the immigration adviser and he told me not to worry but it does not help as I don`t see how HO will distinguish between real marriage and the fake one?