ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa start date and travel date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aragorn
Newly Registered
India

Visa start date and travel date

Post by aragorn » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi,

I tried searching my query in other posts but couldn't find a relevant one, hence chose to post a new query.

I recently got my RCoS approved for Tier-2 Visa. I have filled the application form, here are the details:

Date of intended travel : 1 Jan 2019
Employment start date : 11 Jan 2019 (it's mentioned in RCoS as well)

I need to book an appointment for visa interview and I'm confused when should I book it for (as it'll take 3 weeks time)?

Can anyone please help me understand what start date will be written on my visa?
Will it be the date "nearer to the date of intended travel" which I have mentioned in the visa application, OR
Will it be the date when visa gets approved?

For example,
If my visa interview is on Oct 25, and I receive the visa in 3 weeks i.e. on Nov 15,
will the start date on the visa be Nov 15, or some date close to Jan 1 (which is my intended date of travel as mentioned in the visa application)?

Also, if it turns out to be visa approval date (Nov 15th), will that 30 days validity period start from that day?
Because in that case, I have to travel to the UK between Nov 15th to Dec 15th which is not possible as I can enter in the UK max 2 weeks prior to the date mentioned in RCoS.

Please help, as I need to plan accordingly.

Many thanks in advance!

aragorn
Newly Registered
India

Re: Visa start date and travel date

Post by aragorn » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:05 pm

Can anyone please respond?
Moderators? It'll be a great help.

Thanks.