ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice filling PBS Dependent Application where Main applicant was on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lovkum
Newly Registered

Had my ILR but on which category do I need to extend my Dependent's visa without breaking her continues stay period.

Post by Lovkum » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Dear Experts

Sub: I need your quick advice regarding my dependent’s application in weeks’ time.

I was here on Tier 2 from last 5 years and I brought my First Dependent (wife) here to UK with a valid visa from June 2017 till Nov 2018. And during this year May 2018 I brought my Second Dependent (Baby, 18 Months Old) to UK with a valid visa from May 2018 till Aug 2019.

However, a week ago I was been granted with ILR successfully. So now my question is, as my first dependent’s (wife) visa was getting expired by first week of Nov 2018. I would like to extend her stay without interrupting her previous period of stay with in UK in order to get her eligible for ILR in feature.

Please advice under which Visa category I need to make the application for my dependent(wife) to keep continue her stay here in UK without breaking here previous stay period from 2017.Please kindly advise which category I need to apply her extension and the corresponding application link.

And also please advise, regarding my second dependent (Baby, 18 Months Old) who was born in my Home country and not in UK. When she would be eligible for ILR in feature as I already had my ILR now.

Many Thanks in Advance.
Feature applicant

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Had my ILR but on which category do I need to extend my Dependent's visa without breaking her continues stay period.

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Your dependents can continue on their PBS dependent route. See link below.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html
And also please advise, regarding my second dependent (Baby, 18 Months Old) who was born in my Home country and not in UK. When she would be eligible for ILR in feature as I already had my ILR now.
Child will follow the same path as the mother and apply for ILR at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lovkum
Newly Registered

Need advice filling PBS Dependent Application where Main applicant was on ILR

Post by Lovkum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Dear Experts
I am holding a PBS dependent visa obtained when my husband was on TIER2 General previously. And a week ago my husband received his ILR and now I would like to extend my stay for further two year as PBS dependent. So I filled the application under:
Tier 2(General) ->Family Members->Dependants applying in the UK on their own->Partner->PBS Dependant - Partner
Here while filling the application a question asked whether your husband received ILR and I stated YES, as he obtained his ILR few weeks ago.
However after it direct to IHS website, under section ( You’re joining or remaining with this person in the UK) there it was asking below question:

1. Visa Expiry Date
(I am not sure what to provide here as Visa expiry date, as my husband had already received his ILR few weeks ago)

2. Visa Route
His previous Visa Route was Tier 2 General on which he obtained ILR few weeks ago. So what need to be mentioned as Visa Route here now.

3. Visa Type
His previous Visa type was Tier 2 (General) Shortage Occupation, But currently he was on ILR. So what need to be mentioned as Visa Type here.

Please kindly confirm whether I am using the right application to extend my stay as PBS dependent (where my existing visa was PBS Dependent obtained when my husband was on Tier 2 Previously) and also please advise what need to be answer for the above three points in IHS website to let it calculate correct IHS fee.
Many thanks in advance.
Lovkum

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need advice filling PBS Dependent Application where Main applicant was on ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 pm

I would like to extend my stay for further two year as PBS dependent.

It is a 3 year extension not a 2 year one.
So I filled the application under:
Tier 2(General) ->Family Members->Dependants applying in the UK on their own->Partner->PBS Dependant - Partner
Correct.
Here while filling the application a question asked whether your husband received ILR and I stated YES, as he obtained his ILR few weeks ago.

However after it direct to IHS website, under section ( You’re joining or remaining with this person in the UK) there it was asking below question:

1. Visa Expiry Date
(I am not sure what to provide here as Visa expiry date, as my husband had already received his ILR few weeks ago)

2. Visa Route
His previous Visa Route was Tier 2 General on which he obtained ILR few weeks ago. So what need to be mentioned as Visa Route here now.

3. Visa Type
His previous Visa type was Tier 2 (General) Shortage Occupation, But currently he was on ILR. So what need to be mentioned as Visa Type here.
1. Put a date 3 years ahead for ILR expiry to get the correct IHS of £600.
2. Tier 2
3. Same as what he was on before ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lovkum
Newly Registered

Re: Need advice filling PBS Dependent Application where Main applicant was on ILR

Post by Lovkum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks for your prompt response, CR001.
What I under stood from your comment “Put a date 3 years ahead for ILR expiry to get the correct IHS of £600" is that, I need to assume some date in feature for which IHS fee would rounded by £600.

For example my husband received his ILR on OCT 2018 so can I state a date during Oct 2021 as expiry date so that it would calculate IHS for 3 years and charge me £600.

Please correct me if I under stood wrong. I was just wondering, as I already mentioned (YES) he received his ILR in the application so how would it be truthful that stating an assumed expiry date for ILR for the purpose of IHS calculation. Did I under stood correctly. Please kindly advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Lovkum wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:48 pm
Thanks for your prompt response, CR001.
What I under stood from your comment “Put a date 3 years ahead for ILR expiry to get the correct IHS of £600" is that, I need to assume some date in feature for which IHS fee would rounded by £600.

For example my husband received his ILR on OCT 2018 so can I state a date during Oct 2021 as expiry date so that it would calculate IHS for 3 years and charge me £600.

Please correct me if I under stood wrong. I was just wondering, as I already mentioned (YES) he received his ILR in the application so how would it be truthful that stating an assumed expiry date for ILR for the purpose of IHS calculation. Did I under stood correctly. Please kindly advise.
Correct.

It is a glitch in the system and HO is aware of it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Lovkum
Newly Registered

Post by Lovkum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Thanks alot for your kindly advice. Much appreciated.
It’s clear to me now. Many Thanks.