ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP Pregnant partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angliaguyuk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR FP Pregnant partner

Post by angliaguyuk » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Good evening all,

Currently my partner and myself have applied for FLR FP under the 10 year route.

My partner Filipino and pregnant.
Myself Born in the U.K and British citizen.

Our story as follows:

We met and worked in the U.A.E and i had to return for work commitments, and decided to invite my partner at the time to come to the U.K.
We applied for a UK tourist visa and she came to stay for six months, but once granting the visa her work cancelled her work permit/sponsorship for the U.A.E and she now cant return.

We applied to the home office to get married and they granted us permission on a tourist visa, which we then got married in the U.K.

We have submitted our application for FLR FP and sent all documents (marriage certs, photos, message transcripts, letters and so on). I have paid for the application and the IHS surcharge.
We have given bio metrics already and currently awaiting further response from the Home office regarding the application.

But my partner is now pregnant and have got a bill from the NHS for payment of almost £6000 for the treatment and she hasnt even had the child yet and is only 17 weeks at present. They say we have 7 days to make payment or they will contact the home office and it can go on to a case file against us for owing the NHS money.

We are at a point where stress like this isnt needed after her having a mis carriage earlier in the year.

So we are lost and have no idea what our rights are regarding her and treatment.

Many thanks for any advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR FP Pregnant partner

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:41 pm

You can ask to pay the NHS bill in instalments.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

angliaguyuk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by angliaguyuk » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:50 pm

So that's the end story it has to be paid, will it be refunded if granted leave to remain?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:07 am

No it wont be refunded. But in my opinion which I haven't seen a single case where if the applicant/sponsor is holding comprehensive medical insurance which covers all bills then there should be exemption from paying IHS.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:00 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:07 am
No it wont be refunded. But in my opinion which I haven't seen a single case where if the applicant/sponsor is holding comprehensive medical insurance which covers all bills then there should be exemption from paying IHS.
There is no exemption from paying the immigration health surcharge!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:00 am
seagul wrote:
I m aware of it but authorities should consider exemption to those holding comprehensive medical insurance which give private treatment without referring to Nhs at all.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:46 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:44 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:00 am
seagul wrote:
I m aware of it but authorities should consider exemption to those holding comprehensive medical insurance which give private treatment without referring to Nhs at all.
Well they don't and IHS is to fund the NHS, not private medical treatment, so lets not take the topic 'off topic' and give a member any 'false hope' that they might be exempt.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 am

Hi,

You can't chose who you fall in love with, but you need to be aware that falling for someone who is from a non EU country will have monetary and legal costs associated with it, not to mention red tape frustration, and just accept that you will need to sacrifice some money to be with the one you love. It's the same for me too, you end up losing sleep and giving yourself a stomach ulcer, but the way I look at it is, she is more than worth it in the end. Get a bank loan, or ask to spread the payments and put it behind you, in years to come £6K will be nothing, and you will have a beautiful son or daughter and forget it even happened.
This info I found does not make it entirely clear that if you have already paid the IHS before she got pregnant and had treatment, but before your visa was issued, will she have to pay, and you do not state the timing of the events in your text.
Here is some info for you.
You may need to pay a healthcare surcharge, called the ‘immigration health surcharge’ (IHS), as part of your immigration application.
You will then be able to use the National Health Service (NHS). You will however still need to pay for certain types of services, such as prescriptions, dental treatment and eye tests.
If you have paid the surcharge or you were exempt from paying it, and your visa allows you to be here for more than six months, you will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as an ordinarily resident person. This will apply from the date your visa is granted until it expires.
However, if your visa is curtailed or ended earlier than planned by the Home Office, you will become chargeable for any further NHS hospital treatment from that date on, even if you have paid the surcharge. You will also be charged for any non-exempt treatment you received before the start date of your visa.
If you apply for an extension of your visa, you might also have to pay a further surcharge. If you apply for, and are granted, indefinite leave to remain, you will not have to pay the surcharge.
Paying the surcharge only gives you access to services the NHS provides. Paying the surcharge does not mean you are treated faster. Doctors will assess the urgency of your condition in the same way as ordinarily resident patients are assessed, and if necessary will be placed on a waiting list.