ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British child without UK passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ApartmentBlock
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British child without UK passport

Post by ApartmentBlock » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:53 pm

I am a UK national born in the UK with a UK passport. I also have citizenship in another country, and I have just had a child in this country. I am still living here. Nationals from here do not need a visa to travel to the UK.

I want to come to the UK asap to bring my new baby to meet my family members. I do not want to wait 6-8 weeks to get a UK passport for my baby. I can get a passport for this country in 8 days. If I come to the UK border with the baby, the baby's foreign passport, my UK passport, my UK birth certificate, and the baby's foreign birth certificate, is that enough for the baby to be let in? Should I also print the gov.uk page that states foreign-born children of UK born UK nationals are entitled to UK passports?

ApartmentBlock
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British child without UK passport

Post by ApartmentBlock » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 pm

Also forgot to mention I will be getting a UK passport for the baby but once I am inside the UK.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Whats the name of "this" country? If you are not a visa national as stated, you only need a passport & probably a birth certificate (which may not be requested at border at all).

ApartmentBlock
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ApartmentBlock » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:35 pm