ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irinacristache
Newly Registered
Romania

Fiance Visa

Post by irinacristache » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi! My name is Irina, I am a Romanian (EU) citizen but I have been living in England for the past five years. My partner (who is a US citizen) and I have been in a relationship for five years and we have been engaged for 10 months. I am working in the UK and we want to apply for a fiance visa for him to be able to move with me. When we wanted to complete the application, we saw a section which asks about where the sponsor (myself) lives and how many bedrooms are in the house and how many people I am sharing the property with. I am renting out a room in a 4 bedroom house so I live with other people but the application is requesting really personal information about the people I live with, including passport numbers. How do you ask someone for the passport number without seeming like you are trying to steal their personal information? I would be very embarrassed to ask because it is such a personal question, at the end of the day we are not family or friends, and I am a complete stranger to them, why would they give me their passport number. The question is, would the application be rejected if I don't specify this detail or should I talk to them about getting this information? Thank you in advance for your answer!

Justlorde
India

Re: Fiance Visa

Post by Justlorde » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi,

If it's shared accommodation (HMO) You will need property inspection report as well and also letter from your landlord authorising your fiancé to stay with you.

I would recommend looking at getting studio/1Bed place rental separately if possible, also make sure you've income greater than £18,600 to sponsor your fiancé's visa.

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:20 pm

any person from EEA countries Romina etc which are in the area there is different requirements not tougher as British partner.
1st thing gets a letter from your landlord and tenancy agreement.
I don't think you will need 18600 income financial requirements.
for more information read this guidance it might help
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2_0EXT.pdf

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Fiance visa is under UK immigration rules. Are you sure you qualify (as an EU citizen) under these rules? Wouldn't you fall under the EU rules?