ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abroad whilst naturalisation application with HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amankahlon
Newly Registered
India

Travelling abroad whilst naturalisation application with HO

Post by amankahlon » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi guys

Hoping someone can help.

I applied for JCAP application on the 19th of August but haven't heard anything from the HO. I have plans booked to travel abroad at the end of the week.

Does anyone know of a case where someone was out the country and their naturalisation was refused? And in the process, they also revoked the ILR?

I don't believe I have any reason for this happening to me but I am just getting paranoid and would love to hear your thoughts. I don't want to be in a situation when I am trying to get back and the immigration officer won't let me in because my naturalisation is refused and ILR revoked.

I would rather not leave the country until I hear from HO in that case but I am aware that could be a while...

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling abroad whilst naturalisation application with HO

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:16 pm

amankahlon wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:14 pm
Does anyone know of a case where someone was out the country and their naturalisation was refused? And in the process, they also revoked the ILR?
You are free to travel. BC is rarely refused simply because you are traveling out of the UK. ILR is rarely revoked simply because Citizenship was refused. This only happens where there is evidence of fraud or deception involved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amankahlon
Newly Registered
India

Re: Travelling abroad whilst naturalisation application with HO

Post by amankahlon » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:16 pm
amankahlon wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:14 pm
You are free to travel. BC is rarely refused simply because you are traveling out of the UK. ILR is rarely revoked simply because Citizenship was refused. This only happens where there is evidence of fraud or deception involved.
Hi CR001, thanks for the reply. My immigration history for the last 10 years is totally clean, I obtained ILR based on Tier 2 (5 years). However, I might have worked more than the allowed hours whilst I was a student but as I mentioned, that was not in the last 10 years. Could that be regarded as deceit or fraud?