ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning after Tier2 ICT cooling off period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Himan
Newly Registered

Returning after Tier2 ICT cooling off period

Post by Himan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I have lived in UK from last 6 years on ICT- intra company transfer until Sep 2017.

I moved out of UK on 7 SEP 2017, and have been visiting UK on visitor visa.

Has anyone have experience in going back to Tier 2 General after cooling off period has finished?

Since, I am applying again as Tier 2 General visa in next month NOV 2018 (1year after cooling off )

I have few doubts :
1) Does my visitor visa hinder my application for T2 General visa ?
2) What are the proofs I have to submit to proof I left the country as T2 ICT migrant ?

If anyone has already done this and can share info about what documents to provide, that would be very helpful!

Thanks

Justlorde
India

Re: Returning after Tier2 ICT cooling off period

Post by Justlorde » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:24 am

So long your visits to UK were for genuine need it should be okay.

Your Entry/Exit stamp from your home country would help to prove you've left in timely fashion, doubt it's needed though, but more documentation never hurts.

Himan
Newly Registered

Post by Himan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:33 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, really re-assuring that I should have no issues.
I do have entry stamps on my passport when I left UK, contracts for new job etc, good to know I should provide all the evidence, which I have, as you said it will never heart :D

I have been visiting UK for team meetings and parties for a maximum of 3 days per visit, so basically not to work. Hope that should be genuine reason? The Tier 2 General policy document doesn't say that one can visit the country for other purposes on non-working visa, while in cooling off period, hence the confusion.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:55 am

Seems okay under 245HB.(g).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.