ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension help - which visa??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

franksmule
Newly Registered

Visa extension help - which visa??

Post by franksmule » Fri May 16, 2008 1:12 am

Hi my girlfriend's visa will expire in January, she is on a IGS visa.

We were planning to get a partnership visa but we will be only 2months short of the 2 years required.

Is there anyway around this?

Also she does have a job but its not a highly skilled one..
Before January she could get promoted or a new job but that's quite a risk..

We've been looking at the highly skilled visa but she doesn't earn enough money in the UK to qualify, but she does have property in her name in China that will allow her to easily qualify, is this possible?
And if so how to prove this?

I've read that you can't go from a IGS onto any other visa except ones without work restrictions is that right?

So is there any options available to us except for getting married?

Thanks

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Fri May 16, 2008 2:07 am

Apart from getting married, the only other possible way around this may be to go on holiday for two months together outside of the UK, preferably to her country of origin. In March 2009, she can then lodge a unmarried partner visa application from there. Just my thoughts...

franksmule
Newly Registered

Post by franksmule » Fri May 16, 2008 11:24 am

Thats a possibility but I wouldn't be able to leave for two months... maybe two weeks, and she would also lose her job..

Is the highly skilled visa tier 1 a go? or are these overseas funds not accepted?

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Fri May 16, 2008 11:39 am

I have no idea. You should probably post in the Tier 1 section of this forum regarding that specific question. People there will more likely be able to help.

ci07jjs

Re: Visa extension help - which visa??

Post by ci07jjs » Fri May 16, 2008 11:43 am

franksmule wrote:Hi my girlfriend's visa will expire in January, she is on a IGS visa.

We were planning to get a partnership visa but we will be only 2months short of the 2 years required.

Is there anyway around this?

Also she does have a job but its not a highly skilled one..
Before January she could get promoted or a new job but that's quite a risk..

We've been looking at the highly skilled visa but she doesn't earn enough money in the UK to qualify, but she does have property in her name in China that will allow her to easily qualify, is this possible?
And if so how to prove this?

I've read that you can't go from a IGS onto any other visa except ones without work restrictions is that right?

So is there any options available to us except for getting married?

Thanks
If she is on a IGS she could consider switching to a student visa. Although she need to enroll on a degree course or above.