ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 8 Question 12.1 Question (plz help me)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jdynm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Form 8 Question 12.1 Question (plz help me)

Post by jdynm » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 am

Hello,

I'm new here and Im happy to share what I know but I have a question to finish my application.

I am currently in a civil partnership with an Irish citizen (for over 5
years), however I am now eligible to apply for citizenship by
naturalisation in my own right (on the basis of over 5 years on a stamp 4, Standard Adult).

I’d like to know if I’m required to answer the question 12.1 on the Form 8
12.1 If your application is based on your Irish decent or Irish Associations, please give details below:

If yes, could you please clarify what kind of document is required to prove the association?

Please submit certified copies of all documentation proving your Irish Descent/Associations e.g. birth certificates, foreign birth registry entry, naturalisation certificates, proofs of citizenship. All copies should be certified to be true copies of original documents by a notary public, commissioner for oaths, peace commissioner or solicitor

nojoyfrominis
United Kingdom

Re: Form 8 Question 12.1 Question (plz help me)

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:55 pm

You don’t need to fill this section. It is for Irish associations ie related by blood only.
Or by descent ie linear hereditary

jdynm
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Form 8 Question 12.1 Question (plz help me)

Post by jdynm » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm

The details say : Details: (Irish Associations is defined as being related by blood, affinity or adoption to or being the civil partner of an Irish citizen).

Does that still don't count for my application because im not applying as a civil partner but 5 years residency?