ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tips for applying for HSMP (Tier1) on own without Consultant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gauravs
Newly Registered

Tips for applying for HSMP (Tier1) on own without Consultant

Post by Gauravs » Fri May 16, 2008 7:40 am

Hi,
I want to apply for HSMP wihtout going through consultant as they charge exorbitant fees. Just wanted to know, how tough or easy is it to apply for hSMP on own. I am new to this and I am sure this topic must have been discussed in this forum. Please provide me the link in that case.

whereisthasummer
Newly Registered

Post by whereisthasummer » Fri May 16, 2008 8:07 am

Its not hard of apply on your own at all. Just download the application form and its corresponding guidence notes, and go through all the relevant sections.

If you have any queiries someone on this forum will be more than glad to help you out.

Good luck.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri May 16, 2008 8:36 am

its easy... you only need to read guidelines carefully - never make assumption, just go by words.

In case of doubt, first search this forum otherwise post a query.

Cheers!

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri May 16, 2008 9:08 am

If you have a straightforward case, you can easily apply for yourself providing you have good attention to detail and send exactly what they request. For example, if they say send your degree certificate, send your degree certificate not a transcript!

If you have a complex case, a consultant can work out as less expensive than doing it yourself. This is because they should get it right first time. If you do it yourself, and get it wrong (which is more likely if you case is complex), you may be rejected and have to reapply. The more times you have to do this, the more £££ you lose on application fees!