ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further documents request

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Hello all,

I have been wondering and wanted to know if anyone here has a take on HO's policy of sending letters out asking for proof that children live with their parents?

In my own case, after 11 months since application submitted for Leave to remain (human rights), they've requested more documents such as mentioned above.

I have seen so many similar cases here and no one understands properly..

I mean, the original application +biometrics all have that information that we live with our children, the whole application is focused on them and now even after such a long time, they need some sort of proof?

Could solicitor had filled up a form which wasn't the right for our case in order to trigger this behavior from HO?

Or is it just a routine process for them (HO)?

Any idea would be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Further documents request

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:51 am

It is normal process for HO.

They need to make sure that your application and claim is true and accurate. Yes, you would be surprised how many people try apply for something they do not qualify for based on children.

It also has a lot to do with the safety and welfare and protection of children etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your reply. It does make sense when you put it all this way. It's just hard to understand that even with all evidences they have when application is submitted that they would still need to verify.

We had no problem doing so but it all adds to the wait and frustration.

Thank you!!!!!!

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:51 am
It is normal process for HO.

They need to make sure that your application and claim is true and accurate. Yes, you would be surprised how many people try apply for something they do not qualify for based on children.

It also has a lot to do with the safety and welfare and protection of children etc.

Yachou
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Yachou » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi
I was asked the same thing from a letter I received last Thursday from HO asking proof of the fact that I established a family life in this country based on any dependent.
I sent letters from her school, dentist, HM revenues and customs and photographs of both of us but the pictures were about 24 which I think it’s enough but I take more selfies than finding someone to take us in picture. But I have thousand of photographs of her on her own because I always take her pictures, and my Facebook wall is full of posts with her pictures.
I just hope that I sent enough proofs, I don’t know why I was asked in the first place such proofs because my application wasn’t based on her, I had 2x3years Discretionary Leave to Remain and I am due settlement.
I am scared now that they may switch category in which I was firstly granted leave in this country 😩😩😩
I am praying that it won’t take them longer to decide as my caseworker said that she was in the process of making a decision on my application but needed the informations first and was giving me 10working days before she would just base her outcome on the proofs I already submitted before 🤔🤔🤔
Anything she had everything that she asked for minus GP letter as the letter was signed for by an agent at Liverpool centre yesterday

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi,

Hopefully it won't take as long as you already have a visa. However, I have a friend who was renewing his current 2.5 year visa and after submitting his application, HO too a year to return his papers with the visa he already has been granted long ago.

So I would say be ready for anything.can I ask you : Are you actually in touch with your caseworker? I mean, do you have a contact number and can actually discuss your process with her??

If so, how did you manage?

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi all,

I have previously posted a question about HO position on asking for proof that children live with their parents at the same address and the fact they mention a decision would be made promptly upon receiving the docs requested.

This promptly could take between 6 to 8 weeks as I've heard but my real question is :

Does anyone think that HO has just picked up the case and that's their initial verifying process on the application itself?

I mean, most cases have been with them for at least a year when they ask for such proof.

If they have indeed just picked up the case, this could mean an even longer wait after those 12 months already. Right?

Appreciate your help!