ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FBR Witness & Certification

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KevBarry
Newly Registered
Andorra

FBR Witness & Certification

Post by KevBarry » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:28 pm

I'm getting a Church of England minister to witness my FBR application photos. Anyone had experience with a minister certifying their passport photocopy?

KevBarry
Newly Registered
Andorra

Proof of address

Post by KevBarry » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:32 pm

For my FBR application (which goes to the London embassy) I don't have any utility bills in my name. I know a bank statement is acceptable, I will also send a mortgage statement as my second item. For the third item, anyone know if a credit card (Barclaycard) statement is a accepted?

KevBarry
Newly Registered
Andorra

Re: FBR Witness & Certification

Post by KevBarry » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 am

Got this answered by the minister who witnessed my photos, he said he went to the post office (in the UK) for his own current passport copy certification. I just did the same. For a little over £10 they will certify 3 documents. I had spare copies of my passport - he actually stamped 4 of them.

KevBarry
Newly Registered
Andorra

Re: Proof of address

Post by KevBarry » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:16 am

I would like to hear of anyone's experience in submitting proof of address documents. I need 3 but I don't have any utility bills.

bostonceltics
Newly Registered
England

Post by bostonceltics » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 am

I submitted a Bank Statement, Credit Card Statement (different provider than bank) and a tax refund letter from HMRC.

bostonceltics
Newly Registered
England

Post by bostonceltics » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:07 am

Yes, I also used a priest to witness the application and the Post Office certification service for the passport copy @ £10.50. I checked with the DFA before I applied and they said that would be acceptable.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:53 am

KevBarry wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:16 am
I would like to hear of anyone's experience in submitting proof of address documents. I need 3 but I don't have any utility bills.
In addition to a utility bill, I submitted my auto lease bill and a cable TV bill. My FBR application was successful, so obviously those are OK.