ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reasons for citizenship delay

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ash_g
Ireland

Reasons for citizenship delay

Post by Ash_g » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:11 pm

Hey guys I've applied for my citizenship October 2017 and have heard nothing much since then.

I've called a few times and they told me they are working on it.
Do you guys think maybe they prioritise higher tax payer people or people that contribute to the society because I'm an average part time sales assistant so maybe that's why they don't really think I contribute much

I know it seems a silly thought but was just wondering

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Reasons for citizenship delay

Post by Mal111 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:33 pm

i am taxed at higher band I applied in aug 2016 and still waiting
so no your pay is not a relevant factor but following are

if you have been burden to state funds welfare etc etc
your personal character and conduct
basis of your current permission ie visa to stay in Ireland

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Im only 24 and I've been on stamp 4eufam ever since I'm in Ireland and since Jan 2018 I've got my PR

Done secondary school (my mother never even claimed child benefit for us) here , university (never took college grant or anything) here and now working as sales assistant.
I know the wait is so hard, I can't think of anything else at all except just the fact maybe I work part time and don't pay much tax that's why they might be delaying it but since you are a high tax payer and you're still waiting, I can't think of any other reason now

Funny enough when I called last week the lady said when I sent my PR to them, then they touch my file... I said so if I didn't, my file would just be buried under a load of other files. She said they are working on it

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:17 pm

There’re many reasons for delay. One of them is to do with the basis of your application. By reading in this forum, EUFAM applications seem to be a nightmare route for citizenship with the easiest being spouse of Irish citizen. I doubt your current salary has anything to do with any delay. Something else that seems to slow down applications is your travel history. The more visa you have in your old and current passports the more time it will take to process your citizenship application presumably they're checking all your stamps. Any fine, traffic offense, or court appearance will also significantly delayed your application. The best way to handle this situation is just to wait I’m afraid, getting in touch with a lawyer or a TD won’t help at all.

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:41 pm

I have travel once every year and that is to my home country for two weeks for holidays apart from that I didn't go anywhere else during my stay in Ireland.

The only visa I have in my passprt is just for stamp 4eu fam, the one for temporary then I got a five years one then straight I got my PR
and it's my only passport as well. I never travelled when I lived in my home country either. My first journey was here to Ireland in 2012
No offence at all, and I don't drive.

That's why I'm very surprised why it's taking long.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:08 am

Ash - don’t feel bad. I have the exact same timeline as you appying in Oct 17 and hearing nothing but generic responses since.
I’m taxed at highest rate, EU citizen, no offences etc. Lived in Ireland 26 years.
There is no rhyme of rhythm to the process. Most likely we are being processed by the same employee who has gone on extended leave and our apps are left idle - it’s almost comical :D

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:50 am

I'd say so because when I called them the lady on the phone said oh he's still working on them and I was like atleast tell me what is he working on, as in how far have the processing reached by now and she said he's still working at the initial stage and I was shocked and angry but what can you do.

Im anxious because the company I work for we often go to the uk several times a year for training and stuff and I haven't been able to go. I applied for a uk visa for business and they refuses me because I don't earn a lot which makes no sense since the whole trip is all payed by my company and they've written them a letter and stuff.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:21 am

You can expect any possible illogical response from INIS. They will keep telling you, you are in the final stage, you file is sent to Minister and then back again we are doing some verifications at the second stage. But all these are telephonic responses and you have no legal proof of what they say.

I am in the same boat as you guys, applied in September last year, paying the highest tax rates, no apparent complications in my file. I thought there couldn't be any more straightforward case than mine and yet here I am waiting for over a year.
It appears comically but very likely with this department that the person dealing with some pile of files went on an extended leave and nobody cares to touch the files. I guess person dealing with my file is either already retired or went on very extended medical leave....
Perhaps as some countries do some sort of language test to see integration in the local society, INIS has a hidden mechanism to check applicants ability to cope with stress, anxiety, and uncertainty.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:02 pm

@Paddy_Leprechaun I agree with you. I was told on phone 2 weeks back that it’s with Minister and all of a sudden today lady on the phone told me it’s continued to be processed. I applied in April 2017.

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:23 pm

It's all very frustrating. I found the whole process of this to be extremely stressful, I know I slept a lot better before I applied for this citizenship. Ever since I haven't had a decent sleep.