ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB Certificate While Travelling to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

TB Certificate While Travelling to UK

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi folks,

I have few questions to ask in case if my wife spouse visa get approved.

Did she needs to travel with original TB certificate in the hand luggage ?

Does anyone ask for the TB certificate at the airport (Pakistan or UK) ?

Only Original certificate or copy of the certificate will be enough too ?

Please advise specially those whose spouses have arrived already.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: TB Certificate While Travelling to UK

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Preferably a copy should be in hand luggage since the original one might be with sponsor. However, if airport staff feel the need to retest the applicant for tb test then they might do it on the airport where such facilities are also available.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:49 am

ok..Thanks for the clarification !

mh8784
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mh8784 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:40 am

I had the same question!

My wife's TB certificate has expired last month (the application took for ever to process!) Is it recommended that she gets the test re-done ahead of travelling, or is it best to keep a copy of the first test, and in case they need it, they can re-test at the airport?

I have the original in the UK so she can only keep a copy.

Thanks in advance!

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Edwardo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 pm

As my wife's TB test paper was very clearly marked 'YOU MUST PRESENT THIS TO IMMIGRATION ON ARRIVAL' I sent it to her via DHL.

She was not asked for it at Heathrow.

My feeling on this is at Heathrow they know the only way the spouse visa would be issued is if the applicant sent a TB test paper to the Home Office, meaning there is no need to carry it.

The real worry is, of course, if when arriving you meet an immigration officer who demands it (and can tell you, correctly, the test paper itself commands you to bring it with you) and then - as it also has written on it - your spouse risks delay or even being sent back!

I agree it is more likely they just would screen you there and then (could be expensive though?) or just delay you a bit.

For 100% peace of mind I would advise paying the extra 38 GBP and sending it via DHL to your spouse. The odds of it being asked for and the odds of it all collapsing if she does not bring it are very, very low....but this is the UK and you have been through an expensive, costly and awful application process ...and one where it is impossible to be 100% sure of anything.

It does say bring it with you though....100% sure!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 pm

You can simply carry a photocopy.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:37 pm

a lot of airports have TB screening facility and if the airport staff need it then arrange it on the spot.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.