ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion around the removal 60 days rule for ILR via Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

levinz
Newly Registered
China

Confusion around the removal 60 days rule for ILR via Tier 2

Post by levinz » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi all,

I just found out about the removal of the 60 days rule and it seems to be great news. However I'm not sure if it means there can now be an arbitrary gap between employments? Say I work for a sponsor for 2 years and lose my sponsorship, I then leave the UK for 6 months and comeback on a new sponsorship that I applied while away. Will I be eligible for ILR after working for my new sponsor for 3 years?

Thanks,
Sid

Justlorde
India

Re: Confusion around the removal 60 days rule for ILR via Tier 2

Post by Justlorde » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Your employer would've to tell Home Office after your last day at work, leading to curtailment of visa.
Also you will have cooling period between two tier 2 visas, which would reset your clock, unfortunately.