ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to reply email from ACRO on police certificate request

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

diteps06
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How to reply email from ACRO on police certificate request

Post by diteps06 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:58 am

Hi guys,
I recently applied for a police certificate for immigration purpose.
They have sent an email stating that the answer on my application for the question below was NO:
“Have you ever been arrested or dealt with by way of Caution/Warning/Reprimand, or been convicted of a criminal offence in the United Kingdom?
They will like to have a confirmation on it.

I guess they want it as I was once involved in a breath test stop from the police.
I hadn’t drank a lot but they way police confronted me I was reluctant to provide it. They later on arrested me and we went to a Police station where they did the alcohol test but no trace of it was found.
However, they summed me to court for police resistance but I won the case. There was just a warning that I should avoid to be involved in any road issues within 6 months and a little caution to pay. My lawyer assured me there will nothing on my criminal records. So I thought everything was fine. It had all been cancelled.
However, I think I had to put such information on the Police certificate request.

I think that I should respond to the email by saying I misunderstood the question and my answer is:
Yes, I have been arrested due to refusal to do a breath test and resistance to police officers.
The case at court ended with me being innocent on failure to provide a specimen of breath and on resistance to police officers a conditional discharge for 6 months was issued.

Will it be a reliable reply? Otherwise advice
Thanks

steventony
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: How to reply email from ACRO on police certificate request

Post by steventony » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi what happened finally to your case ...

I am in a similar situation ..not have any conviction but they are asking clarification ...but basic DBS check will not provide all information and subjet matter request will take 30 days to get the details .....this has become a chocken and egg situation ..