ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Look At this Very Sad

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

google
Newly Registered

Look At this Very Sad

Post by google » Sat May 17, 2008 12:36 am

What a sick immigration policy of this Govt. Honestly i cant beleive this. This is so sad , Heartless people

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008 ... mmigration

ricky

Post by ricky » Sat May 17, 2008 11:44 am

ther is no human rights in uk , it s just a decoration , a bla bla bla , window dressing
a little sick vulneable kid is deported in this savage way , i bet they send 10 officers to remove him just in case may be the little kid will try to escape or something

all what i can say : i hope god will punish those heartless assholes , i don t know how they can sleep at night knowing that they ruined people s life , separated families and children

shame on them all my prayers and thoughts with the little kid

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sat May 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Sickle cell disease is a killer and sadly the life span of sufferers can be quite short. Crises can be excruciatingly painful.

But this poor little boy comes from that part of the world where you can take a picture of a dying child being stalked by a vulture and actually win a prestigious prize for it. So what's a removal?
Oh, the drama...!

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Sat May 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Results of the New Asylum Model!

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Sat May 17, 2008 11:21 pm

Yes Paulsmith, I agree with you so they say and I certain that those HO people cannot sleep at nights they fight and fight to sleep. hmm these people believe that they are little Gods lets wait and see for how long, look at China, Burma etc they fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 18, 2008 1:04 am

So what then? Let the UK subsidise the rest of the world?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 18, 2008 1:40 am

It is a sad case no matter which way you look at it.

However, correct me if I am wrong, this disease is something you are born with. If the child had been born in his country of origin how long would he have survived?

The fact that his failed asylum claiming parent has remained in the UK for a few years allowing access to treatment has been a bonus for the child.
The rules for return are clear as is the case law. If treatment is available in the country, at any cost, the individual will be able to be returned. Article 3 has been fully explored using medical cases more dire than this unfortunate child.

Case law http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/2005/31.html

I am afraid there has to be a line drawn at some point. If the UK became the free medical solution for the rest of the world the consequences for us, the residents of the UK, would be the loss of the NHS. It might not be the best healthcare in the world but it is free to those that have the right to access it.

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Tue May 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:It is a sad case no matter which way you look at it.

However, correct me if I am wrong, this disease is something you are born with. If the child had been born in his country of origin how long would he have survived?
The child was born here, so I do not see why that is actually pertinent FrontierMole.
Cyril N'deh was born in Britain after his family fled from west Africa. His father Claude, a teacher, said he was tortured and imprisoned in Cameroon for protesting against the illegal executions of nine boys, but his application for asylum in Britain was rejected.
The fact that his failed asylum claiming parent has remained in the UK for a few years allowing access to treatment has been a bonus for the child.
The rules for return are clear as is the case law. If treatment is available in the country, at any cost, the individual will be able to be returned. Article 3 has been fully explored using medical cases more dire than this unfortunate child.

Case law http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/2005/31.html

I am afraid there has to be a line drawn at some point. If the UK became the free medical solution for the rest of the world the consequences for us, the residents of the UK, would be the loss of the NHS. It might not be the best healthcare in the world but it is free to those that have the right to access it.
The child was born here. Does that not entitle him to any healthcare? He is being punished for his parent's mistakes? It's hypocritical that in one breath the government speaks about "making poverty history" and allocates millions of GBPs as aid, but can't help a child born here. :?

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Tue May 20, 2008 2:28 pm

This is absolutely deplorable!

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Tue May 20, 2008 8:44 pm

It is an indictment on the human race when the sanctity of life especially that of an innocent child takes second place to politics, and economics. Justice (and immigration policy) should be tempered with mercy, it is easy for people who are born into a developed country through no effort of their own, to think why should I care about the child born in a poor country? I am sure anyone who find themselves in a vulnerable position would hope to be treated with mercy, why can't we do the same for others?
'In everything give thanks'

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue May 20, 2008 10:54 pm

The child being born in the UK is very pertinent, if he had been born in his parent’s country he most likely would have been dead by now. Harsh I accept but the very point he is not a UK citizen, has not got the right of abode so is going back to with his parents to their country of origin. Yes he has a very uncertain future, the reality he is going to die. Remaining in the UK would not prevent his untimely death.

This does not mean I do not have sympathy for the child. I do believe the UK has the right and must demonstrate the right to remove failed asylum seekers from the UK. It is no accident that 85% of asylum claims are rejected, the majority are without foundation and many asylum seekers are here solely to take advantage of the UK's economic environment. I do not blame them however I do not condone it either.

The judicial system is there to protect the asylum seekers and gives a defence to removal. I have no doubt every avenue to frustrate or stop the removal has been exercised. As I said before, there is a point where a line has to be drawn and as unpalatable as it may seem remove individuals and their families to whence they came.

Just to add to the debate, would it have been different if it had been a US child being returned, with no access to health care? Somehow I do not see the press being quite so interested.

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Mon May 26, 2008 12:04 am

OFCHARITY wrote:It is an indictment on the human race when the sanctity of life especially that of an innocent child takes second place to politics, and economics. Justice (and immigration policy) should be tempered with mercy, it is easy for people who are born into a developed country through no effort of their own, to think why should I care about the child born in a poor country? I am sure anyone who find themselves in a vulnerable position would hope to be treated with mercy, why can't we do the same for others?
Very well said. I concur whole heartedly.

My jaw dropped, reading frontier Mole's posts. Can people be so heartless just because they believe in the rule of law? This is a child we are talking about here for crying out loud! How can people be so insensitive!?

Isn't this the same country that believes that it would be unfair to remove a child who has spent 7 years of their life in the UK? Surely a sick child should carry more compassion than a bloody 7 year policy!!!

This government has got it twisted and the sooner they are ousted the better!!!

netacct

Post by netacct » Mon May 26, 2008 12:57 am

I just simply cant understand one thing, what pleasure this officers really get by raiding the house in wee hours and not allowing to wear proper cloths?

Does not they know that there are so many over stayers specially students?

I have seen few deportations case very recently. Bottom line is,

If you are burden specially on their NHS they will deport you under any circumstance...otherwise not as they need illegal immigrants to keep the streets,airports,country clean or take low skilled jobs which locals don't want to take and live off the benefit system.

But in the end, Might is right and mighty rule the world.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 26, 2008 9:50 am

There are plenty of criminal deports and administrative removals going on. The courts can't cope with the number of criminal deports so much so they are opening other courts just to deal with them. The reason there is a down turn in administrative removal appeals is due to the current concession. The number of withdrawn appeals after the concession was announced was very noticeable.

I would not expect support from this forum on removals; let’s face it half of the members or their relatives are subject to immigration control.

There members who support the rule of law, I am one of those members. I am happy to stand up and be counted.

As for comment about illegal workers, that is misguided. The new laws that came into force this year have made it very difficult for employers, the large companies are getting rid of their illegals because at £10K a time and a potential prison term for the HR Director they are no longer willing to take the risks. In time the medium and small companies will wise up or go out of business.

There will always be places where cash in hand is the order of the day, however they do not care about immigration status, health & safety, minimum wage and prey on the vurnrable.

netacct

Post by netacct » Mon May 26, 2008 12:40 pm

Child is a child and has no status like illegal immigrant.
Child who cant understand ABC of World, how can he be called a illegal immigrant?

Also, no one is supporting illegal immigrant but the way deportation is done.

If I had a power, I had rather support a child who needs a medical care irrespective his status than thugs/yobs/hooliganism/etc who does no work and just live off the benefit system and become burden on the society and always blame immigrants for everything.

Logically speaking, UK & USA should grant citizenship to everyone from Iraq & Afganistan as these countries bombed them and killed/made homeless millions.

I just try to imagine, what would be Africa today, had Europe not invaded them, started slavery, not support rebels there by selling arms, not buy blood diamonds etc etc etc?

In the end, the way dearly beloved people always pick on small small things of immigrants and look for opportunities, there are people on other side also who will look at such things and condemn the BIA/HO/Governments.

I still cant comprehend why they always raid during wee hours and not even allow to get dressed properly. :?: :?:

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Mon May 26, 2008 1:55 pm

OFCHARITY wrote:It is an indictment on the human race when the sanctity of life especially that of an innocent child takes second place to politics, and economics. Justice (and immigration policy) should be tempered with mercy, it is easy for people who are born into a developed country through no effort of their own, to think why should I care about the child born in a poor country? I am sure anyone who find themselves in a vulnerable position would hope to be treated with mercy, why can't we do the same for others?

Well said. :)

I find it quite surprising that the Home Office finds support for treating a child in this way. That's some people for you. :?

The bold part of your post: This child was born here, in Britain. Through no choice of his own. However, he still is not elidgible for temperance or care. Ridiculous isn't it.