ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Marriage Visa & Switching from Tier 2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Query on Marriage Visa & Switching from Tier 2

Post by MrBarry465 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm

My partner and I, she is a British national - are planning to marry in December. Currently I am on a Tier 2 Visa Sponsored Visa and have been for 4 years, I've got an Australian passport. We have notified the registrars office of our intention to marry and forms have been sent to the Home Office.

If all goes smoothly and we do marry in December, what Visa am I then on? My intention is to change from a tier 2 to a family visa, in order for greater flexibility with work. However, I am not sure on what visa this then becomes once married in the UK - considering I am already here on a work visa.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Query on Marriage Visa & Switching from Tier 2

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:53 pm

FLR(M). Your immigration clock will be re-set to zero, putting you on a new 5 year (2.5 x 2.5) route to settlement (ILR).

You will also have to pay the NHS surcharge. Subject to Parliamentary approval, this is expected to increase from £500 to £1,000. This is addition to the FLR(M) visa fee of £1,033 for a postal application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bmor
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Query on Marriage Visa & Switching from Tier 2

Post by bmor » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi MrBarry!

Just wondering on if you have heard from the Home Office in regards to your marriage license? Ours have just been deferred today, and was curious at the processing times (although they could be varied, of course!)