ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions Regarding Tier 2 Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jagadishkumarp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Questions Regarding Tier 2 Extension

Post by jagadishkumarp » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I and my family are in the UK on Tier 2 General Visa's since Jan of 2018, our visas are set to expire in Jan of 2019, I had a few questions regarding the extension which I was hoping you guys could help me with:
  • Is it recommended to apply for an extension as a group i.e, Dependents applying for the extension at the same time as the main applicant?
  • My employer, being A-Rated certified while I was initially applying for my tier 2 regarding the maintenance funds, so neither I nor my dependents had to show proof of funds. Do we have to prove maintenance funds for the extension?
  • I have a child born in the UK, will he need a visa if we are not planning to travel?
  • If we apply for the newborn visa after my visa extension, would that pose a question regarding why I did not apply earlier?
  • Can someone kindly provide me with the list of docs that I need to submit for the extension?
I tried searching the forum for answers. However, it appeared that everyone's case is a little different. Sorry if I am asking anything which has been previously answered.

Thanks in advance & Best Regards,
- Jag.

jagadishkumarp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Questions Regarding Tier 2 Extension

Post by jagadishkumarp » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Can someone please advise on my situation?

nbandla
Mood:
India

Re: Questions Regarding Tier 2 Extension

Post by nbandla » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Is it recommended to apply for an extension as a group i.e, Dependents applying for the extension at the same time as the main applicant?
That is entirely up to you, my suggestion will be to go together if you are confident that you will get your Tier 2, if not you can apply for yours first and once yours is approved your dependents can apply for extension before their current leave expires.

My employer, being A-Rated certified while I was initially applying for my tier 2 regarding the maintenance funds, so neither I nor my dependents had to show proof of funds. Do we have to prove maintenance funds for the extension?
not very sure but if your new COS supports funding then you don't need your bank statement otherwise you will need to submit your bank statement for maintenance fund requirments.

I have a child born in the UK, will he need a visa if we are not planning to travel?
No

If we apply for the newborn visa after my visa extension, would that pose a question regarding why I did not apply earlier?
No

For documents it will mostly same as what you did for initial application or there are other threads in this forum for this information.