ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Thiagocas
Newly Registered
Italy

Permanent residence

Post by Thiagocas » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 pm

I am Brazilian ,Italian living in UK.
In 2019 i will complete 5 years living in UK.
In 2015 i had twice jobseeker allowance for less than 2 months each.
I work as self employed almost all the time,i had one job in 2014 contracted for less than one month and another job for less than 3 months employed.
I have all my taxes paid until this year.

I would like to know if has claimed jobseeker allowance will be a reason to refuse my permanent residence.

Thanks.

Astro-south
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Permanent residence

Post by Astro-south » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:58 am

Hi Thiagocas,

Just the fact you claimed benefits it's not grounds for a refusal of your application. For the PR you need to show you exercised your EEA treaty rights in the UK for 5 years and this can be a mix of employment, self employment and looking for work(it's perfectly acceptable for people to claim certain benefits during the time they are not employed, as long as it's for short periods)

After reading many posts in this forum, I believe it can actually help people evidence they were in the UK for 5 years when they claimed benefits and had no other way to show a source of income.

Hope this helps and good luck!