ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No acknowledgement email or letter received

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

it91
United Kingdom

Permanent residence biometric letter for EEA

Post by it91 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Hi,
I sent the application for residence permit as EEA national. I am a bit confused, if I will receive a biometric letter and confirmation letter, and then I will submit it to post office? Or are EEA nationals exempt from it, and will need to submit biometric information for only citizenship application?

If I will need to receive a biometric letter, it's been already 4 weeks already and now I started to worry, as it was supposed to arrive within 2-4 weeks.

So should I wait for a letter or just wait for 3 months or so until my application will be processed?
I'll be really happy if anyone will inform me on their experience.
Thanks

mamalicious187
Gibraltar

Re: Permanent residence biometric letter for EEA

Post by mamalicious187 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:50 pm

it91 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm
Hi,
I sent the application for residence permit as EEA national. I am a bit confused, if I will receive a biometric letter and confirmation letter, and then I will submit it to post office? Or are EEA nationals exempt from it, and will need to submit biometric information for only citizenship application?

If I will need to receive a biometric letter, it's been already 4 weeks already and now I started to worry, as it was supposed to arrive within 2-4 weeks.

So should I wait for a letter or just wait for 3 months or so until my application will be processed?
I'll be really happy if anyone will inform me on their experience.
Thanks
EEA Nationals are not required to submit biometric details for PRC applications.

it91
United Kingdom

Post by it91 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Thanks,
So I will simply wait for up to 3 months until I will get my documents back?
I don't have any case reference number so I am not able to track. Is there any way to know about the situation of my application, as I have never received any confirmation email or letter...

it91
United Kingdom

Post by it91 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:03 pm

What about a confirmation letter?

After 4 weeks, I haven't received neither a confirmation email nor confirmation letter.

Is it normal? I'd like to learn about recent experiences of people, generally does it take longer?

it91
United Kingdom

No acknowledgement email or letter received

Post by it91 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi
I have sent my application docs for permanent residence 4 weeks ago. And I still haven't received any confirmation email or letter prooving that it is being processed. Are there anyone in the same situation? What am I supposed to? I called Home Office and they said I need to send them a letter asking it, but I am not sure if it will help.
Thanks!

Minovilla
Mood:
Algeria

Re: No acknowledgement email or letter received

Post by Minovilla » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:45 am

Did you check if payment was taken from uour bank . or tracking mail if they recieved ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:04 am

it91 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:35 pm
Hi
I have sent my application docs for permanent residence 4 weeks ago. And I still haven't received any confirmation email or letter prooving that it is being processed. Are there anyone in the same situation? What am I supposed to? I called Home Office and they said I need to send them a letter asking it, but I am not sure if it will help.
Thanks!
Topics merged!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html

Please refrain from from starting multiple topics with the same question!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

it91
United Kingdom

Post by it91 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:36 pm

Minovilla wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:45 am
Did you check if payment was taken from uour bank . or tracking mail if they recieved ?
The money was taken from my account and the mail have been delivered. But as far as I know I was supposed to get a confirmation email and letter within 2 to 4 weeks, and I am wondering if it got lost in the post or there is something wrong. Or waiting is normal?

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Post by Punguru82 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Sent same kind of EEA application and my second week now nothing yet, no confirmation no email. Let’s wait and see. I recon busy period of the year.

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Post by Punguru82 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Though should proceed on this thread for good flow and consistence - I received email confirmation today for application made over a week and so ago. EEA PR + Non EEA PR, was generic email with case reference numbers for all applicants, so YES they do respond quickly maybe depending on cases or Case workers.

it91
United Kingdom

Post by it91 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Great to hear, After how long of waiting you've received the email?

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Post by Punguru82 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Without counting weekend is 5 days . With 2 weekends 9days.

it91
United Kingdom

Post by it91 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:33 pm

We were told that we need to wait for 2 months or so, and don't expect any letter or email, and the card and everything arrives. At least some friends who got their PR last year experienced it. So, they're just too slow to send confirmation mail and process. We'll just need to be patient. :)