ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Paternity benefit affect my citizenship application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

otono
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Will Paternity benefit affect my citizenship application?

Post by otono » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I made an application in May 2018 for naturalisation as a non EU spouse of Irish citizen. It should be a straightforward application as I have always worked full time, never committed any sort of crime, never received any sort of benefit etc..
I will be going on Paternity leave this December as we are having a baby before Christmas but will not be paid for the 2 weeks by my employer as it can only be covered by Paternity benefit.
I am scared of applying for it knowing that it could dent my record of never receiving social benefit and may affect my application for citizenship.
Does anyone know if this is serious enough to affect my application which is still being processed?

ghsherazi
India

Re: Will Paternity benefit affect my citizenship application?

Post by ghsherazi » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 pm

otono wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:00 pm
Hi all,

I made an application in May 2018 for naturalisation as a non EU spouse of Irish citizen. It should be a straightforward application as I have always worked full time, never committed any sort of crime, never received any sort of benefit etc..
I will be going on Paternity leave this December as we are having a baby before Christmas but will not be paid for the 2 weeks by my employer as it can only be covered by Paternity benefit.
I am scared of applying for it knowing that it could dent my record of never receiving social benefit and may affect my application for citizenship.
Does anyone know if this is serious enough to affect my application which is still being processed?
Hi otono!
I don’t think can be affect on your application but I know some people’s who are getting social benefits since they enter in the state they get their passport in less then six months and the people like you and me and alot of people they are in this form they are working full time never get even single penny from the social they are suffering and scared why because this is not a justice department it’s a big joke people dont always get what they deserve in this world
The caterpillar does all the work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Will Paternity benefit affect my citizenship application?

Post by max307 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:59 pm

otono wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:00 pm
Hi all,

It won't affect you application, you have nothing to worry about.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.